The Chainlink

Bobby Cann Updates: Ryne San Hamel Pleads Guilty, Receives 10 Days in Jail

Jason Jenkins at ActiveTrans is helping to coordinate community response.  If there is any chance you can attend proceedings, please reach out to him: 

jason@activetrans.org.

Views: 43830

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Amazingly, in the latest court transcript (two hearings have happened since, I think), it was the absence of the state's attorney that caused nothing to happen. Adams was there, ready to argue a couple defense motions. It's one thing curse the defense attorney for slowing things down with a flood of motions. It's quite another when the prosecution isn't there to respond.

Didn't know that, Skip. Appreciate the insight. I guess one can list punctuality on the short list of Adams' admirable qualities.

On a more serious note, I'm even more worried about the outcome of this trial. I'll admit, I haven't shown up for any of the proceedings, but all this might compel me to do so...

"We have trouble understanding why it would take so long—there must be issues we don't get. It is exceedingly frustrating," Maria Cann, the victim's mother, says. "It is hard not to feel sometimes like this case has been forgotten."

Except for the followups from the Reader, the lack of any more reporting or discussion suggests that the case is being forgotten. 

Why do you say that? At the last hearing there were about a dozen individuals present in support of Bobby.

Good to hear that!  What happened in the court?

This e-mail is to inform you that there is an upcoming court event involving the defendant Ryne Sanhamel and case number 13CR1355001.

A hearing has been scheduled for 6/16/2015 at 10:00 AM. This will take place in Circuit Court 127, located at the following address: 2600 South California Ave, Chicago, IL .

Please be aware that there are often multiple cases set on a particular date in this court. The case you are involved in may not be reached on the scheduled day. You may want to check for updates to this information by periodically calling the VINE service or visiting www.vinelink.com.

For more information, contact the county clerk's office.

Thank you,

Cook County Automated Victim Notification System

6/20/2015

This e-mail is to inform you that there is an upcoming court event involving the defendant Ryne Sanhamel and case number 13CR1355001.

A hearing has been scheduled for 6/25/2015 at 10:00 AM. This will take place in Circuit Court 127, located at the following address: 2600 South California Ave, Chicago, IL .

Please be aware that there are often multiple cases set on a particular date in this court. The case you are involved in may not be reached on the scheduled day. You may want to check for updates to this information by periodically calling the VINE service or visiting www.vinelink.com.

For more information, contact the county clerk's office.

Thank you,

Cook County Automated Victim Notification System

(Has anybody who has been attending these court hearings able to report anything?  This discussion and following seems to have stopped.)

ANYBODY who posts info gets their source of information cut off.

Mike, why the secrecy?

I thought the judge put a gag order in place...

No, it wasn't the judge.  It was the Court Advocates.

See page 2 and 3 of this very same discussion. 

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service