The Chainlink

Are you a Winter Warrior? Looking for sources for a DNAinfo Chicago story

Hi, so it's freezing outside...   yesterday I rode around in fingerless gloves and no scarf-  a mistake!

Anyway, how are you coping while cycling around? What are you wearing? How far are you traveling?

I'm writing a story about winter warriors, maybe bike messengers that work outside or people that still commute to work by bike despite the freezing weather.

Deadline is end of day tomorrow (Friday).

Please email me at ahauser@dnainfo.com or text me at 773-960-3997 if you would like to be featured in this story.

Views: 957

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here are some of the hard core "winter warriors":

http://www.thechainlink.org/events/freeze-yer-ass-off-ride-2

Those are the "ready to be committed to a psychiatric facility winter warriors". :-)

Yasmeen said:

Here are some of the hard core "winter warriors":

http://www.thechainlink.org/events/freeze-yer-ass-off-ride-2

We were the only ones in Gannon's. When we left, Chris closed.

Lisa Curcio 4.1mi said:

Those are the "ready to be committed to a psychiatric facility winter warriors". :-)

Yasmeen said:

Here are some of the hard core "winter warriors":

http://www.thechainlink.org/events/freeze-yer-ass-off-ride-2

lol! yikes that is pretty crazy. i will be sitting that ride out though if anyone survives it please email a few pics to me from the ride and call me in the morning to talk warrior strategies. off to go find a Streetwise vendor or anyone that works in this cold.

I rest my case.

Kevin C said:

We were the only ones in Gannon's. When we left, Chris closed.

Lisa Curcio 4.1mi said:

Those are the "ready to be committed to a psychiatric facility winter warriors". :-)

Yasmeen said:

Here are some of the hard core "winter warriors":

http://www.thechainlink.org/events/freeze-yer-ass-off-ride-2

I only live a mile from Gannon's and when I saw that event pop up I just thought, "nope, nope, nope."

Lisa Curcio 4.1mi said:

I rest my case.

Kevin C said:

We were the only ones in Gannon's. When we left, Chris closed.

Lisa Curcio 4.1mi said:

Those are the "ready to be committed to a psychiatric facility winter warriors". :-)

Glad to hear that.  It would not be good to have the Main Link spending time in a padded room.

Yasmeen said:

I only live a mile from Gannon's and when I saw that event pop up I just thought, "nope, nope, nope."

Lisa Curcio 4.1mi said:

I rest my case.

Kevin C said:

We were the only ones in Gannon's. When we left, Chris closed.

Lisa Curcio 4.1mi said:

Those are the "ready to be committed to a psychiatric facility winter warriors". :-)

Just in case, here's a thread with lots of hard-core winter types chiming in on how they manage to stay warm when they ride:

http://www.thechainlink.org/forum/topics/how-do-you-stay-warm-when-...

Aw, thanks Lisa, that made me smile. :-)


Lisa Curcio 4.1mi said:

Glad to hear that.  It would not be good to have the Main Link spending time in a padded room.

So you both feel better knowing that you missed out on memories that will last a lifetime?

Lisa Curcio 4.1mi said:

Glad to hear that.  It would not be good to have the Main Link spending time in a padded room.

Yasmeen said:

I only live a mile from Gannon's and when I saw that event pop up I just thought, "nope, nope, nope."

At my age I don't really need any more memories.  I have enough trouble keeping track of the ones I have.

And my apologies to Alisa for hijacking her first thread.

Kevin C said:

So you both feel better knowing that you missed out on memories that will last a lifetime?

Lisa Curcio 4.1mi said:

Glad to hear that.  It would not be good to have the Main Link spending time in a padded room.

Yasmeen said:

I only live a mile from Gannon's and when I saw that event pop up I just thought, "nope, nope, nope."

I was one of the nutters who met last night, and I ride a very short distance to work (.75 mile commute) but faithfully through the winter, despite low temps. I have a colleague (not on Chainlink) who also does, and her commute is longer. Lmk if you need more people - and women! for the story. I can also work on the photo from Gannon's last night - not sure of its quality.

Sarah, this is a serious question, and maybe it is of interest to Alisa. I know that you are a serious and able rider, and that you ride just about everywhere in all conditions.

But with a distance of .75 miles to work, why do you choose the bike over walking?

Sarah D. said:

I was one of the nutters who met last night, and I ride a very short distance to work (.75 mile commute) but faithfully through the winter, despite low temps. I have a colleague (not on Chainlink) who also does, and her commute is longer. Lmk if you need more people - and women! for the story. I can also work on the photo from Gannon's last night - not sure of its quality.

RSS

Groups

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service