Arctic front could bring half-foot of snow Friday into Saturday

Arctic front could bring half-foot of snow - An arctic cold front blowing across Lake Michigan could dump more than 6 inches of snow in some parts of the Chicago area Friday afternoon through Saturday morning.

Views: 361

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

wishful thinking...

I'm kinda excited for some snow.
Would mind a little snow in winter.

I especially like it when it comes after my morning commute but before my evening commute - like the last big dump of snow we got. Occasionally I'll wimp out about riding in the morning if it looks like it is gonna be messy - but I'll ride home though pretty much anything. Especially on a Friday! 

Bring it on!

Sounds like those of us on the far south side may get more than those of you living further north.  We'll see.

It will be a northside - southside battle for who gets more snow.  I hope we northsiders win!

Anne Alt said:

Sounds like those of us on the far south side may get more than those of you living further north.  We'll see.

Snow ride!

Ethan Spotts, Active Trans

1 to 3 inches of snow here, but much, much more in northwest Indiana - For Cook and Will counties today, the lake effect snow watch issued Thursday was canceled this morning and replaced with a winter weather advisory from noon to 9 p.m. calling for an inch or two of snow in most areas, with 3 inches possible from downtown Chicago and south into southeast Cook and far eastern Will.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-1-to-3-inches...

If anyone's out there this afternoon and evening, please post the road conditions you faced.  I'd like to know what i'll encounter on my ride home.  I can see Daley plaza from my office, but the loop streets are always deceptively clear compared to other areas.

Woof. Just got done, and Wells & Lincoln were slushy messes, but it was more wet than icy so it actually wasn't too bad. The wind was worse than anything-the flakes were so big and it felt like the wind was blowing straight against me. By the time I was close to home it was like ice daggers right in the face. Added at least 20 minutes to the usual trip.

Leave before it gets cold enough for everything to ice over!

Just say no to the lakefront path. I got on at Fullerton, got on the wrong side of the fence at the theatre - I could not see - and got off at Belmont because of the face-stinging, north-easterly wind that had me nearly out of breath, as I was going nowhere slowly. I took Broadway north to Buena and home-sweet-home. The buildings do help against the wind. See the photos under "I rode today. Did you?"

Well, I decided to beat the rush.  Just got back home.  Not too bad so far, but I expect it will get worse.  Harsh, gusty WNW winds, wet/icy snow.  Streets are wet, but slushy in the bike lanes.  Probably will get icier.  My bike was starting to get coated in ice when I unlocked it.  Safe ride everyone

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service