The Chainlink

It's been a week since registration for Divvy opened. I seem to recall the confirmation screen claiming the keyfobs would be sent out in a week or so. Anyone receive theirs in the mail yet?

Views: 3247

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Divvy was very prompt in their response. Not surprisingly, they are running behind schedule. (This is Chicago, after all).

Hello Adam Herstein,

Thank you for your message. We are sorry for the delay. It is totally normal you have not received you key yet as we're working on putting Membership Kits together this week and will have them to you in time for our launch. (Remember: your Membership doesn't begin until you receive and activate your key, so you're not missing out on anything). If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks for your patience and support as we build this new transit system.

Regards,

Valeria Yanez

Customer Service Representative

Divvy Customer Service Team

I also inquired about the T-shirts:

Thanks for becoming a "Gear" member. We will be sending out an email in the next couple of days asking for your shirt size. We're excited to have you join us!

The locations seem really cool.  There are 75 stations with many bikes at each, and so long as we budget our trips from half hour periods to another (e.g., 40 min ride, know where there is another station on the way) it is going to be amazing.  And the map points out locations all over the place - I will even have one near my north side apartment!  The next question is, how many of you are going to go Divy and stop using your own bikes!

Your next question has been discussed here:

http://www.thechainlink.org/forum/topics/chicago-bike-sharing-will-...

SlowCoachOnTheRoad said:

The locations seem really cool.  There are 75 stations with many bikes at each, and so long as we budget our trips from half hour periods to another (e.g., 40 min ride, know where there is another station on the way) it is going to be amazing.  And the map points out locations all over the place - I will even have one near my north side apartment!  The next question is, how many of you are going to go Divy and stop using your own bikes!

I hope they send them soon, it will look ridiculous if all these bike stations are stocked and no one has a key!

Just got an e-mail saying full launch is delayed until June 28 and keys will be sent out shortly before that.  They are installing the station in the Daley Plaza for Friday, but it won't be operational.

Anybody else see those pimp Mercedes Divvy Trucks?

:(  I've been eagerly checking my mailbox and watching for station installation.  Just got the same email.

Lisa Curcio 6.5 mi said:

Just got an e-mail saying full launch is delayed until June 28 and keys will be sent out shortly before that.  They are installing the station in the Daley Plaza for Friday, but it won't be operational.

Stop using my own bikes?  That's not happening.  Divvy will supplement - most likely when I don't have a bike downtown and I need one for a short trip.

SlowCoachOnTheRoad said:

... The next question is, how many of you are going to go Divy and stop using your own bikes!

Whoops, didn't see you had posted the news. Launch is delayed to June 28th. :(

And Jon Hilkevitch has it covered for the Trib. Sounds like a bit of concern about technical difficulties, likely inspired by the recent NYC launch.

And we just posted ablog about this from Ron (copied/pasted below).

Thanks,

Ethan Spotts, Active Trans

Divvy delay: riders will wait until June 28 to ride bike share

I was chomping at the bit to use my new Divvy bike share membership later this week, but the city just announced it needs two more weeks to test the system and have it ready to roll.

Divvy still plans to meet its goal of 75 stations in place by the end of the month, but we’ll wait two more weeks to use the system. The city will roll out the first docking station at the bike rally on Friday at Daley Plaza, with about eight more installed each day until the system goes live June 28.

This is a major new transportation system that will be around for many years, and I would rather the city delay a couple of weeks than risk a sub-par service that could turn people away from bike sharing.

Other bike-sharing programs have had problems initially (most recently New York City), so the delay is not surprising, but it is disappointing for all of us would-be Divvy riders.

This is sort of like the grand opening for the latest, coolest coaster at the amusement park, and the line just got a little longer. But I still can’t wait to ride.

Rburke's blog

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service