Maybe we all need to upgrade to helmets with face shields now too, bullet proof ones!

This is messed up.

Shot in the Face while cycling!

A man was shot and critically wounded in the South Chicago neighborhood, one of several shootings across the city overnight that left at least half a dozen people wounded, authorities said.

The 33-year-old man was riding a bicycle when he was shot in the face about 8 p.m. in the 2600 block of East 79th Street, police said, citing early reports.

The man was taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital in critical condition, authorities said.

The gunman, wearing a puff" black jacket, fled on foot, according to Officer Joshua Purkiss, a police spokesman said.

About half an hour earlier, two 16-year-old boys were shot and wounded in the 1900 block of West 87th Street in the Gresham neighborhood, police said.

Both teens were taken to Little Company of Mary Hospital in Evergreen Park, where they were listed in good condition, police said.

Around the same time, across the city in the Austin neighborhood, a gunman approached a man and woman in the 1100 block of North Menard Avenue and opened fire, police said.

The 34-year-old man was struck in both thighs, an ankle and an arm, and the 19-year-old woman was wounded in the left buttock, police said.

The man was taken to Loyola University Medical Center in Maywood in serious condition, while the woman was taken to Stroger Hosptial in good condition.

At about 7:15 p.m., a 23-year-old man was shot several times by one of two men who approached him in the 200 block of East 35th Street in the Bronzeville neighborhood, police said.

The man was taken to Stroger, where his condition was stabilized, police said. Police believe the shooting was gang-related.

Views: 746

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Don't they rent those at Navy Pier?

Gene Tenner said:

I ride Agusta from Damen to Oak Park through a, I suppose, sketchy area daily. I feel more worried at times in better hoods full of phone talking, SUV driving individuals than I do through the hood.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service