The Chainlink

I've been close to installing my window units several times now, but then we cool off and things are reasonably bearable again with windows and a box fan.  Looks like we're supposed to get back down into the 70s in a few days . . .

Who all's getting by without AC, and who plans to do so through the summer?

Views: 3893

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

David,

You really need to move into a building like this.

David P. said:

This is known as "two-sixty air" but at home we're missing the sixty part! :)

Jerry Lee said:

I only use my window unit when it is over 90 degrees, my main cooling is mt Patton fan, I never had an air conditioner in my cars, I love driving with the window open, even in rain and freezing temp weather. So far I haven't broken out the fan or opened my windows, I did the last few nights, left the back door open.

We're ilving on ceiling fans and open windows for now.

Yep. Just have to remember to close the bathroom window before flushing. It's rather noisy........

Haven't put it in yet.  Sort of a pain to carry up from the basement and install and the temperature is going to drop anyways.

I sold mine, prematurely? possibly. But last year was brutal this year seems more normal and even when it's hot during the day it cools off over night. BTW last year was the first time in 15+ years of city/apartment living that I bought an air conditioner.

Mike Zumwalt said:

I got spoiled living a block from the lake, now I'm inland, even when it 96 and 100+ in the apt. A fan would pull lake breezes in. I also would go swimming and cool my core off. If I can find one I'll use it just for the bedroom. It's only June.

It has been pretty humid lately.

I haven't put mine in yet.

Yum... tasty tasty perspective....

I caved and put mine in yesterday. The wife tried to convince me otherwise with her "logic", and "have you been outside lately?" arguments. She even said that others would consider me a "dumb-ass".

If that's what they call folks that are ready for the summer to arrive, so be it.

In Omnia Paratus

This was exactly the wrong thing to do!  You put the air conditioner in the window when you want to make sure that it will not get warm enough to need an air conditioner.  What you should be doing now is buying a very heavy winter coat, window insulation, salt, sand, a snow blower, and three or four shovels.  THAT should stop the cold and snow.

Andy J (9.2 miles) said:

I caved and put mine in yesterday. The wife tried to convince me otherwise with her "logic", and "have you been outside lately?" arguments. She even said that others would consider me a "dumb-ass".

If that's what they call folks that are ready for the summer to arrive, so be it.

In Omnia Paratus

So that's where all this snow is coming from. Condensation from really inconsiderate people running their air conditioners at full blast. 

Still none here.  Struggling though....

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service