The Chainlink

$900 OBO: 2014 Kona Honky Tonk 56cm, Schwalbe Marathon tires, SPD pedals, SKS raceblades and front & rear racks.

(more pics on Craigslist)

Are we allowed to just link to Craigslist? Just don't feel like typing this all out again. 2014 Kona Honky Tonk 56cm. Includes Schwalbe Marathon tires, SPD pedals, SKS raceblades and front & rear racks.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/bik/5534929850.html

Quick rundown:

* 2014 Kona Honky Tonk Green 56cm ($1200 new after tax)
* 2x Schwalbe Marathon 700x28 tires ($100 new)
* Exustar Platform SPD pedals ($55 new)
* PlanetBike Rear Rack ($40 new)
* Jandd Low Front Rack Black ($61 new) (optional, not currently installed)
* SKS Raceblade Fenders ($54 new)

Total (New) Value: $1510. All components are a little under 2 years old.

Details:

I am selling my green 2014 Kona Honky Tonk because I bought a new bike recently.
Official information about this bike: http://2014.konaworld.com/honky_tonk.cfm

I bought this bike in June of 2014 for $1099 +tax. I have the receipt, manual and touch up paint which I can provide with the bike.

I've had this bike since 2014 and I have treated it very well. I got it tuned up once about a month after I purchased it, then again in the summer of 2015. I do regular maintenance on it myself as well. It's an awesome bike, the only reason I've replaced it is I want some thing a little more focused on touring rather than city commuting. It's pretty much the perfect bike for Chicago.

I've replaced the tires with a set of Schwable Marathon touring tires which are valued at about $50/each:
http://www.amazon.com/Schwalbe-Marathon-700x28-Allround-Beaded/dp/B...

They are awesome tires for the city as they are pretty much impossible to puncture. I've put hundreds of miles on them without ever getting a flat and they show very little wear. I can also include the tires which came with the bike as well.

On the bike I have a set of SPD compatible pedals called:
EXUSTAR PM816 SPD AL 1-SIDE PLATFORM CLIPLESS PEDAL BLK
They are flat on one side so you can ride with normal shoes, but are also compatible with SPD clipless shoes. They were $55 new.

I've added a Planet Bike rear rack which is compatible with most pannier bags.

I also have a Jandd Low Front Rack. It's not currently on the bike - I took it off before realizing that it might not work with my new bike. You can have it with the bike if you want it.

Finally, I've added a set of SKS Raceblade fenders for riding in the rain. They are lightweight, sturdy and get the job done well.

This is an awesome bike and I'm sad to let it go. Hoping to find a new owner who will love it as much as I did.

Views: 860

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ok, I copied and pasted the description on Craigslist. I recommend including a full description and as many pics as possible on The Chainlink. I highlight a few of the new listings in the emails every Thursday to help spread the word. Good luck!

Thank you so much! Sorry about that - I was just being lazy. I'll remember next time to post the full description directly here. Really appreciate if you can include the listing in the Thursday email, that would be great!

No worries! Just wanted to make sure you had an optimized listing to help with the sale.  :-)

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service