The Chainlink

I don't need this, but everything about it is speaking my name:

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/bik/844790240.html

If I were to get this, it'd put 6 bikes in the stable. But the only way I could justify the purchase is by selling off my Bridgestone "collection."

Or is all this just sounding asinine and gratuitous, though?

Views: 60

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Your vintage m=Miyata is my vintage Serotta with those bad ass Campy delta brakes.
I told you! Buy it! and i'll keep it at my place until you have room :-)
We don't ever need more than at least 2-3....I'm on 3 and I don't feel like I'm finished. As long as you got the safe storage for em, go for it!
I did it!

He's coming by at 9PM so I check it out. If all goes well, I'll be riding a Miyata to work in the morning!!!
Fabulous...Just think, some people have this many kids/cats.... Bikes take less food and diapers.

justJason said:
I did it!

He's coming by at 9PM so I check it out. If all goes well, I'll be riding a Miyata to work in the morning!!!
HA! I also have 3 cats.... ;-)
Ammo said:
Fabulous...Just think, some people have this many kids/cats.... Bikes take less food and diapers.

justJason said:
I did it!

A collector of sorts... =)

justJason said:
HA! I also have 3 cats.... ;-)
Ammo said:

justJason said:
I did it!

You've not seen the equation? The ideal number of bikes equation? Where N stands for the the current number of bikes...

Ideal Number of Bikes=N+1

Makes total sense to me.
As much as it sounds great to always have one more, I think the perfect number of bikes is 4.

One fixie
One road bike (too nice to lock up on a regular basis)
One beater (to run errands...maybe in the rain)
and one fun bike (cruiser or chopper or something)

Oh...and one winter bike.

Keeping a good bike in storage is inhumane; we should only keep as many bikes as we need and sell the rest! Let them do good out in the world. It's good, tho, to sell it to someone you trust--someone who will take care of it.

Oh AND one cyclocross bike if you're into that. Or use your cyclocross bike as your road bike.

So 6 bikes! maximum. :)

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service