The Chainlink

I am pretty upset. I had to leave my bike at work today (outside) and it is getting soaked!! I hope it is ok.

Views: 60

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

But did you get soaked on the way home?

Be sure to give the chain a good cleanup and lube tonight.
So much fun to interact with an upset woman !
I meant I left it at work tonight and took the bus home b/c of the rain. I had to buy an umbrella after I realized I couldn't ride my bike. Just knowing it is out there getting rained on......hurts.

But, then I saw people riding their bikes and I felt like a wimp. I need to buy some rain gear that breathes. What do you do about your shoes? I wear regular tennis shoes.
I bought rain pants at Performance. I was out today in a dress and when I was riding I tucked my dress into my rain pants, put a plastic bag (a nice one) on my head and around my shoes. The rain pants hav velcro so they can help keep the rain out. Topped it off with my helmet and lights and I was good to go!

Go non wrinkle clothes! If you want any advice on gear I'm new to commuting but am figuring it out (especially the business casual biking attire)

Molly said:
I meant I left it at work tonight and took the bus home b/c of the rain. I had to buy an umbrella after I realized I couldn't ride my bike. Just knowing it is out there getting rained on......hurts.

But, then I saw people riding their bikes and I felt like a wimp. I need to buy some rain gear that breathes. What do you do about your shoes? I wear regular tennis shoes.
I actually forgot my rain gear. Got soaked in jersey, shorts, and cycling shoes. Time for a load of laundry and stuffing of shoes.

Molly said:

after my sweaty workout class, instead of changing back into my dry clothes, I just packed up my clothes in a bag threw them on the rack and rode home for a nice cool shower. I look forward to warmer rain showers if I end up having to do this again much to the chagrin of all those bystanders.
I had forgotten my raingear yesterday so I just got completely soaked. Fortunately, it wasn't that cold but I'm going to make sure I remember my waterproof stuff today!
I rode home yesterday wearing an ordinary rain jacket over my jersey and regular bike shorts, no rain pants. At 65 degrees, getting half soaked is OK. Once we get through June-uary, I'll probably ditch the rain jacket, too. It was getting too sweaty under there by mile 12 or so.
it really seems like we just cant have two nice days in a row. it sucks when your stuck working all day in it and youre not making any money. on the bright side, what i was wearing for rain gear wasnt cutting it in the monsoon so i rode on over to the good ol salvation army over on grand and picked up this awesome jacket that was a valet guys. its comfortable, waterproof and has tons of pockets. and it was only 6 bucks. well hopefully it doesnt rain bad today.
I just road in my clothes and got soaked. Rain is fun.
Even the best rain gear is not breathable enough to stay cool in most of the time. Easy enough to bring with but only put on when you have too. My rain (or all-around bad weather) bike is a cheap mountain bike with a handlebag basket mounted to a rear rack, (the rack doubles as a fender) and I found a plastic container that is waterproof and fits inside almost perfectly. As for shoes I just leave a spare pair at work. After my wet ride home last night the bike's not shifting as well as it was, so put me in the lube the chain camp. I really should know better. Also lights are a good idea in the rain, at least they can't hurt. Oh yeah, I agree...rain is fun - at least it can be!
bike canopy?

jillnerkowski said:
you shoulhv gotten a bike canopy! every day I step out the door to my apartment on ground l ,and take a few quick steps to my bike, on days its wet or raining, my bike seat is always dry and protected..
see my page

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service