The Chainlink

Man, I love fall. 59 Degrees this morning for my ride up along the North shore. Leaves are starting to change, nice and cool. Ahhhh, doesn't get much better than that. If only it would stay like this for more than 2 weeks before we plunge into the depths of winter. Enjoy it while you can folks!

Views: 109

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

amen!
agreed.

i actually woke up quite sore this morning because of how much i was out yesterday. going to try to take a ride at lunch but i think i need to take it easy today :(
Anyone up for a ride this afternoon/evening? Maybe just some of the LFP?
Yay for fall riding! Just riding to train @ the moment as i get my grip and legs back. [Broke 2 fingers in a crash in July & the splints are just off.]

The re-alignment of the CR on the Urban Guerrilla (UG) seems to be working, no chain drop, but still some chain skipping on the the back that i'm not sure what's causing it.

Hope to ride all the way in w/in a week or so.
What's wacky is that as nice as these morning rides have been, the wind's been fairly f'in brutal by the lake. Every riders' face heading into the wind is a contorted rictus of pain and desperation. Except mine, which is covered by inhuman sweat and a goofy permagrin. ;-)
I honestly love biking in the fall too. Not as much sweat to drip in your eyes, cool breeze and nice temps. mmmmm
Oh yeah. I took Monday off and had visions of doing the entire lakefront path in the afternoon. I rode down to probably 35th and turned around, and my gawd that wind was brutal. I was worn out after a few miles, had to go home with only 35 miles on the odo. for the day. Anyway, yeah, windy as hell!

justJason said:
What's wacky is that as nice as these morning rides have been, the wind's been fairly f'in brutal by the lake. Every riders' face heading into the wind is a contorted rictus of pain and desperation. Except mine, which is covered by inhuman sweat and a goofy permagrin. ;-)
Glad you're healing and can be riding again! Hope the UG continues to run trouble-free, no chain jumping issues.

Homebuilt said:
Yay for fall riding! Just riding to train @ the moment as i get my grip and legs back. [Broke 2 fingers in a crash in July & the splints are just off.]

The re-alignment of the CR on the Urban Guerrilla (UG) seems to be working, no chain drop, but still some chain skipping on the the back that i'm not sure what's causing it.

Hope to ride all the way in w/in a week or so.
I have planned repairs for the evening. Got my new crank, need to install that before I do any riding without worrying my pedal's going to come off. Should be a nice night for it though! Cool enough to cut down on LFP traffic, but still great for riding.

vxla said:
Anyone up for a ride this afternoon/evening? Maybe just some of the LFP?

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service