The Chainlink

Wow. On the way to work heading north on the lakefront trail, I felt something shift a bit under my saddle. I've been monkeying with its tilt and fore/aft position lately, so I figured that I hadn't tightened of the bolts too well.

No dice!!

The left rail cracked right at the back-most bolt, and that was causing my entire left side to sag. GRR. Anyway, I've only had this saddle (Brooks B-17 CS) for about 19 months (lotsa lotsa miles on it, though), so was wondering if anyone has had this experience before; if so, can I expect some swift and merciful warranty goodness?

Even if there is a new/replacement saddle involved, it just won't be as sweet. This now-broken Brooks has been my ass' best friend. :-)

Views: 75

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sucks, breaking those things in is a job. Good thing it didn't break on last weekend's 100 miler! Still trying to figure out my annoying click. I've tried everything.

Hopefully Brooks'll warranty that. I can't imagine they wouldn't- definitely seems like a defect since most Brooks saddles last longer than the bike they're on.
glad you didn't get hurt! (seriously, that is)
Perhaps you can give them a call, do you still have receipts?
Thanks y'all. So it looks like Brooks has a decent warranty claim area on their website. I'm gonna take the saddle off when I get home and throw them the "Production Series: Number, Letter and Number" that's on its underside. I also have all the info of the place I bought it from and I'd imagine they'd have records of my purchase.

And I thought the same thing, Chucko! I couldn't imagine doing that distance with left-ass sag! ;)
man, left ass sag.... I can't help but laugh...sorry

justJason said:
Thanks y'all. So it looks like Brooks has a decent warranty claim area on their website. I'm gonna take the saddle off when I get home and throw them the "Production Series: Number, Letter and Number" that's on its underside. I also have all the info of the place I bought it from and I'd imagine they'd have records of my purchase.

And I thought the same thing, Chucko! I couldn't imagine doing that distance with left-ass sag! ;)
oh man i was just watching the episode of seinfeld where george has the massive wallet and thought of this thread

cracks me up when he levels himself out by shoving a pile of napkins under his other cheek

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service