The Chainlink

We have a few threads here and there with introductions, but nothing organized. For this thread, post your picture, pics of your bikes, and a small blurb about yourself (favorite foods, commuting routes, etc).

yes, this was ripped off from chifg...

Views: 16792

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nice Rides Nik. :-)
I just came out of hibernation thanx to a nasty cold to see some new action over here.

And I see BK's rocking the single-bridge humbucker/Floyd Rose action. And all is right with the world. :-)

BK said:
What a great cast of people I've seen so far on this thread! I'm Brian and I moved here from Detroit two years ago. I've been car-free for 1 1/2 years now and I love it! I am a high school teacher and I also love heavy metal music and play it on my electric guitar. Oh yeah, I'm bald and I overuse exclamation points!!!!!!!

The ride (as of summer...it has more accessories now)

The rock

The recluse

Bump...Come on new peeps! Get with the pics! ;-) Well Done BK! ;-)
Dave!

Cannondale Synapse 5 Carbon

Love Mexican food, hot dogs at Wrigley, Running, and Air Jordans.

I love the Lakefront.....but many-a-time I go through Old Town, Lincoln Park, and all the other cool places on the way...

Im not sure where my more updated pics went, so maybe next time...!!
Attachments:
Well I just posted this on the "what do you ride" thread, but it's probably worth posting here too.

My name's Nick, and I ride:

-2005 Surly Crosscheck 54cm, SS, drop bars, Bontrager Race wheels with Surly spacer kit
-mid-80's Schwinn Sprint 49cm, 700C convert, SS convert, flat bar/bmx brake lever convert, full fenders, and Michelin CX tires
-~2002 Giant NRS Air 18.5", 9spd XTR, sun rhyno lite rims/xt hubs
-~2000 Gary Fisher Sugar, salvaged with a cracked weld, had it welded and then the rear shift cable boss snapped off, now built into a SS with extra parts
-~2003 Trek 4100 13" frame, SS w/Surly spacer kit & Singleator, dirt jumper/tricks/trials bike

That's all that's in the stable right now, but I have maybe 15 more stored at my parents' house in MI. I used to collect and rebuild/restore vintage bmx, cruisers and 10-speeds. There's a pic of my Sugar and my old Fetish SAC on my profile, I'll get some more pics soon.
Hi, I'm Kevin. I just started commuting by bike full time last March, so I'm fairly green with much of the terminology. Coupled with my passion for gadgets, this pretty much makes me a forum member's worst nightmare and a bike shop owner's wet dream. Apologies in advance to the 95% or so of you non-shop owners.

Here I am with my beautiful niece last fall:

I can see my roster of bikes expanding in the future, but for now this has been taking care of me since October:

HI!
I live in the southwest suburbs, commute on occasion - when the weather cooperates, have been riding FOREVER, raced a bunch in the 90s, and I also play guitar. I didn't say I was good LOL(I mentioned that because somebody recently posted a pic of their guitar...) I also run when I can't ride or more importantly to supplement my fitness. I love good mexican and chinese food. Heres a couple pictures of me and some of my stuff.
Attachments:
sorry I added the images as attachments instead of putting the pictures in the post -My bad... So HELLO Chicago!!
Nice you have there, Ray! And I take it you're a Van Halen fan. ;-)

FWIW, Fair Warning is one of my favorite albums of all time.

Ray said:
sorry I added the images as attachments instead of putting the pictures in the post -My bad... So HELLO Chicago!!
Hello, I'm Jim,
Being riding bikes since I was 6 years old. I live on riding. Own a bit of everything. I know I would rather be riding than surfing the net. On average I get about 20,000-30,000 miles a year biking since middle school. Most people think I am nuts. In the summer I log about 70-90 miles a day+/-. Usualy ride from February20-December 1st. Also enjoy diving, kickboxing, snowshoeing and weight training. My bio: 6' 1", 240 lbs, bald shaven head, scars, blue eyes. Leo. Most of my miles are rode at night. I work 3rd shift. So when most people are sleeping, I am up.
I like night riding since it gets rid of most run ins with people. Only negatives about night riding are constantly being stopped by law enforcement wanting to know what I am up to., animals crossing the road when you are going down hill at 30 m.p.h., drunks after bar time who should not be driving, and rude/crazy people at 7-11 who have never seen anyone in night-riding gear.
My likes: anything Italian-Sidi,Bianchi,Castelli,Campy, etc. Steel, Titanium, Aluminum frames, Cold beer, Jagger, Crown, Yukon Jack, pizza,pasta, beef,cheese. Dislikes: Things made in China, carbon fiber bike parts, poorly maintained bikes, bike theives. My best rides have been either going to Chicago/burbs or heading up North. For pics of me, check out my profile.
Hey, This is me..... This is my winter bike... So.... now lets get together and ride bikes! :)

Hello Chainlink!

I'm Ian! I look like this today:

I ride these:

Fixed Gear

Road Ride

Incomplete Commuter Project ('85 Trek 520)

I'm a runner, biker, actor, computer geek. I don't have a lot of time for the on-line bike community these days (nothing against it mind you, just too much regular life going on), but I drop by to read stuff occasionally.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service