The Chainlink

Hello! I'm in the market for a small road frameset with horizontal drop outs, with enough space for fenders. My standover is about 29- 29.8, and I would need something with a short top tube as well, somewhere about 520 cm and whatever that converts to in inches. My current frame is a little too long for me :(

Views: 90

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Julie! I think I may be fine with my road frame. I believe the problem lies in carrying too much weight on my back, but we'll see. I'm always in the market for something new!
still looking?
http://s536.photobucket.com/albums/ff324/JRR5757/RedRB1/?action=vie...;"/>Photobucket' />

this 1988 48cm RB-1 is
selling for $400.

sorry about the weird floaty code stuff, apparently i'm a doof about inserting things

HOT!
OW! An '88 RB-1! My '89 was my favorite bike; alas, it got trashed in an unfortunate dooring incident. Shee-ittt. If that were 12cm bigger, I'd probably buy it myself...
i'm looking for a 39-42 cm road bike, or xsmall junior road bike. just finally sold the 44 cm love of my life....am missing a road bike.
I have a 50cm specialized road bike with ultegra components I am looking to sell.
message me if your intrested
I was going to post this today, good to see this thread waiting for me:
A patient asked me about bikes-- her daughter is getting into triathalons-- she's 12, about 5'2 or 5'3-- seems to me a road bike with tri-bars would make more sense than trying to track down a dedicated tri-bike in that size, but it sounds like daughter is asking specifically for a tri-bike; she's hoping not to spend a lot of money. Any leads appreciated. Needs to be something safe, not a fixer-upper or perpetual nickel-and-dimer.
Not sure of the size but I know that the frames built for a 700 rear 24 front are usually made to fit small lady riders and still keep good geometry. Definitely worth a look if you are in the market for a small road bike, and it's all crazy 80's up in your shit, yo:

Tiny Fuji on CL
I have a small Lotus frame that I am willing to part with. Its 17 1/2 inches from the center of the bottom bracket to the top tube. the length of the top tube is about 20 inches.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/bik/1712531096.html

H3N3 said:
I was going to post this today, good to see this thread waiting for me:
A patient asked me about bikes-- her daughter is getting into triathalons-- she's 12, about 5'2 or 5'3-- seems to me a road bike with tri-bars would make more sense than trying to track down a dedicated tri-bike in that size, but it sounds like daughter is asking specifically for a tri-bike; she's hoping not to spend a lot of money. Any leads appreciated. Needs to be something safe, not a fixer-upper or perpetual nickel-and-dimer.
Thanks, Heather. I'm ~5'9" and I ride a 52-53 cm road bike; a little worried about a 51 CM for someone 6-7" shorter than me.

If anyone has an offer they'd like me to pass along please send complete info with phone number-- I can't play middleman for various reasons.
Hell all, I'm also looking for a 42 - 49cm frame for my girlfriend. Or a built up bike if it's in good condition.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service