The Chainlink

I was riding south on the Lakefront path about 8:15, and was met with an orange blur whizzing from the south. Was that the TATI morning ride?

I was on my orange bike, so of course there was that built-in kinship. ;-)

Views: 108

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Aren't the Spider monkey team also in orange kit?
Yep. What did their jerseys look like? TATI's jerseys are orange/white with no logos, SM's orange/black with logos.

TATI:

Spidermonkey:

Bob said:
Aren't the Spider monkey team also in orange kit?
It could have been our later group. We have a small group that rides at 5am and a bigger group at 6am. And FYI, the womens kits are black, not orange.

Ah, gotcha. Team TATI definitely has the hottest jerseys, in my opinion. I love that it's not an explosion of logos.

J said:
It could have been our later group. We have a small group that rides at 5am and a bigger group at 6am. And FYI, the womens kits are black, not orange.

I totally agree, Leah. It's nice to see some classy jerseys, and not some plastic, ostentatious billboards.

Are the men's for sale by any chance?

Leah said:
Ah, gotcha. Team TATI definitely has the hottest jerseys, in my opinion. I love that it's not an explosion of logos.

J said:

Thanks! When we first started showing up at races, there sure were some weird looks... and the race announcers still like to tease us for dressing as if it's 1964 ("retro" wool knickers and jerseys)... but now (mostly older riders, admittedly) folks come up all the time and ask how they can buy one. Sadly, I have to explain that they're for the team only and custom embroidered (everyone gets their lucky number on the sleeve and TATI logos front and back), so even if they did join -- it would take a few weeks before the jersey's ready.

But the no corporate logo thing was pretty important to all of the original members, and the new ones seem to like it, too. We are not anything resembling a pro team, so we figured -- why pretend?

Leah said:

Ahh! Too bad. Those jerseys are so sharp!

Is Monsieur Hulot/JT anywhere to be found on the men's jerseys?
The men's jerseys are straight up reproductions of Fausto Coppi's uniform, so no Hulot. Ah, but just wait until you see what we have planned for Winter/09! My idea for team pipes was rejected out of hand, but there are several other pieces in the works that are both unique and stylish. When Nau is back up and running properly,we will have something like the old Acoustic jacket done with a 2" Hulot silhouette embroidered on the chest. (We picked up the Nau sponsorship not a month before they went under, so only half the team is properly outfitted at the moment...) Other ideas so far rejected: white "snow" wool cyclocross skinsuits, team umbrellas, trenchcoats... In the works: orange wool balaclavas & wool Deller earflap caps. Done: kneehigh socks, argyle tights, striped arm warmers.
You guys would fit right in the north of Spain. The Basque would love ya,,,or kill ya,,,you never can tell with those nutty people!
That's funny because our team helmets & glasses are Basque: they are by Spiuk, which is a niche oddball manufacturer headquartered in beautiful Alava. So far they have been very nice to us...
Just don't get them too drunked up on vino or you'll see how nuts they get!! I should know, my heritage goes back to the basque and I have some wack relatives!
J said:
But the no corporate logo thing was pretty important to all of the original members, and the new ones seem to like it, too. We are not anything resembling a pro team, so we figured -- why pretend?

I for one totally dig the addition of TATI to the local amateur racing scene.

For clarification to those who don't have any connection to racing: Amateur teams have sponsors that provide much needed money and services to teams to help those teams do things like run a junior's development program, have coaching, send elite riders to big national races. In exchange for their support, teams often choose to put their logos on their jerseys.

Though you might not dig the aesthetics, the intention is not to "look pro" it is to accomplish more with more resources.

Trust me I've ridden with pros, and when I do, *nobody* is mistaking me for a pro anything.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service