The Chainlink

In another forum (run by a bicycle company that likes to charge $25k frn for a bike) an acquaintance answered the question, "I just heard a commentator say that "everyone is selling today and no one is buying". Did he just poorly choose his words? If someone is selling doesn't a different someone need to buy for the transaction to take place. I mean without buyers who are the sellers selling to?"

With the following:

Let's consider 20 steel framesets. 10 built by a master builder- Dave Kirk and 10 bikes built by a monster builder- Sandy. Each decides to sell all of the framesets. It goes like this-

Master builder Dave puts out the framesets for sale- asking say $2,600 for a frameset. There is a bid for a frameset, say $2,500. Master builder Dave wants to buy lovely Karin a very expensive diamond necklace to show his love for her. He decides to lower his asking price to $2,575. A bidder quickly decides to offer the $2,575. The frameset is sold at the matched price. Bingo, frameset number one is gone. Master Builder Dave realizes that he sold that bike reasonably fast. Seems to be a nice demand on his framesets. He sees that there are 25 bidders now who want a frameset. Heck, he only has 9 left.Coy master builder Dave realizes he could raise his asking price to $2,900. Several bids and asks later, another frameset is sold at $2,895, higher than the first frameset sold for . Within 10 minutes all of Master builder Dave's framesets are sold. The last one at $4,000. 5 buyers for the 10 framesets. One buyer purchased 6 of them. One seller- Master builder Dave.

The story is quite different with monster builder Sandy. He knows his framesets sucks. Everyone knows his framesets sucks. He decides to ask $1,200 for his framesets. No bidders. Monster builder Sandy drops his asking price to $900. No bidders. He continues to drop his asking price to $500. Finally one bidder- but the bidder is only willling to bid $ 85 becuse he knows that monster builder Sandy's framesets realy do suck. Monster builder lowers his asking price to $100. A bidder is willing to pay $92.11 for a frameset. Monster builder Sandy capitulates. Bingo- A frameset is sold at $92.11, the matched price. 20 days later all of the framesets are sold, for a total for monster builder Sandy of only $435.11. Problem was that monster builder had few bids for his framesets so as the bid and ask game went on, the bids became less and less so monster builder had to lower his asking price. However, he did sell all of his framesets. This time to 10 different buyers.One seller- Monster builder Sandy.

Master builder Dave bought an absolutely gorgeous necklace that lovely Karin wears to bed each night becasue it is so beautiful. Monster builder sent a check for $430 to the company that sold him the tubing for his framesets. He spent half of the next day feeding his adopted King the box of biscuits he purchased with the remaining $5.11 and trying to explain to the very sweet and beautiful Gloria why she did not get a fancy-dancy diamond necklace but lovely Karin did.
----

In other news, there certainly isn't enough activity on this board to justify my hitting "refresh" as much as I do. Let's step it up people!

And in other other news: while stocks might be down, Tommie still retains his value. Ladies, similar to a 401k you should consider investing in Tommie. You just need to remember that you're not looking for immediate pay-off, instead you're looking for a great time when you retire.

In more other news: I bought a 6-er of Kennebunkport Pumpkin Ale from Trader Joes. It is really really good.

Following that news I just picked up "The Real Tuesday Weld" it listens real good-like.

Views: 30

Reply to This

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service