The Chainlink

As a musician, I always have songs/riffs/drum patterns racing through my head. But I have had the intro hi-hat/guitar riff, as well as the guitar solo from the Descendents "Clean Sheets" in my head for well over a decade. Probably over than 5 times a day these riffs pop into my head and influence my pace o' life. Sometimes these pop into my head when I'm pedaling slowly and I pretty much immediately perk right up.

Does anyone else have a permasong in their head? Or am I just beyond hope?

P.S. Saw the Chainlink bookmarks at the Bryn Mawr Johnny Sprockets yesterday. NICE!!!

Views: 96

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jawbreaker's "Kiss the Bottle" has to be the song that gets stuck in my head most often. Naked Raygun is a close 2nd. Minus the Bear has been in my head way too often lately.

Depending on my mood I also get Paganini's 24 Caprices or Bach's Cello Suiten stuck in my head.

I'll trade ya!
Ha! I think NR's "Throb Throb" album was also in my head for a few years straight in the eighties....

Tommie said:
Jawbreaker's "Kiss the Bottle" has to be the song that gets stuck in my head most often. Naked Raygun is a close 2nd. Minus the Bear has been in my head way too often lately.
Depending on my mood I also get Paganini's 24 Caprices or Bach's Cello Suiten stuck in my head.
I'll trade ya!
Speaking of music.

Who is going to see Mogwai on the 26th?
I've had measures 124-136 of the second movement of Shostakovich's 11th Symphony in my head for a while now.
Dude! Do you know Dudamel's version of Symph. #10's Allegro?

HOLY AWESOMNESS!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZbJOE9zNjw

BTW those kids are like 15-17.
Tommie said:
Dude! Do you know Dudamel's version of Symph. #10's Allegro?

HOLY AWESOMNESS!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZbJOE9zNjw

BTW those kids are like 15-17.

Funny, just as you posted this I was practicing that excerpt!

Indeed I do know that youtube video, though I don't think he's done any recordings of the work itself. It's a bit fast, but not too bad.
Old skool people say fast. I say perfect allusion to Stalin's craaaaazynessssss, paranoia and neurotic behavior.
Tommie said:
Old skool people say fast. I say perfect allusion to Stalin's craaaaazynessssss, paranoia and neurotic behavior.
I just checked; the score is marked at quarter = 176bpm. My metronome tells me he was doing about 196bpm, which is way over what the composer intended.
I'll FIGHT YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

I know you're right. I just prefer the energy of Dudamel compared to the LSO or CSO's versions.
Tommie said:
I'll FIGHT YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

I know you're right. I just prefer the energy of Dudamel compared to the LSO or CSO's versions.
Yeah well, the CSO hasn't exactly been a star of light in recording since Solti's early days.

As far as Shostakovich 10, have you tried LSO with Rostopovich? He's also got a phenomenal Shosty 11 (though live). Haitink's Shostakovich series is fairly decent too, though I like his Mahler much more.
I am short term with "permasongs". Generally when I have a song in my head, it stays there for a few months, I listen to it obsessively...then it passes to a new one. I am kinda ADD with that.
i've had hazy field people in my head for days now.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service