The Chainlink

All Discussions Tagged 'lanes' (28)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Jackson bike lanes painted near Ashland

Bike lanes were finally painted this morning on Jackson between Ogden and Ashland.  They're not 100% complete yet.  Looks like they've pain…

Started by morebanjo

12 Dec 14, 2012
Reply by Jason W

speaking up for bike improvements

John Greenfield made a good point in his last comment on the John Kass/Dearborn thread.  As we saw with Kinzie and are seeing with the new…

Started by Anne Alt

9 Dec 13, 2012
Reply by Anne Alt

West Side Residents: Tell Your Alderman You Support the Boulevard Bikeway!

West Side residents in wards 12, 24 and 28: Your alderman needs to hear from you! New bikeways are popping up on the West Side, but continu…

Started by Active Transportation Alliance

5 Nov 29, 2012
Reply by h' Zerocats

Ticketed for not riding in the bike lane

has this happened to anyone in Chicago?casey neistat's public service announcement

Started by Robert

20 Oct 24, 2012
Reply by Sarah D.

"Protected" bike lane on Church Street in Evanston

Sorry, I don't have a picture, but there is a new "protected" bike lane on Church Street in Evanston.  Some of it is fine, but there is one…

Started by Skip Montanaro 0mi

30 Oct 23, 2012
Reply by John Wirtz

Philadelphia News: More bikes = Safer biking

Short version: as more people cycle, there are fewer car-bike accidents.  Anyone want to crunch the numbers for Chicago?  Are the numbers e…

Started by Bill Savage

1 Sep 17, 2012
Reply by Charlie Short 2.9

NPR: Motorist to Urban Planners: Stay In Your Lane

http://www.npr.org/2012/07/18/155917197/motorists-to-urban-planners-stay-in-your-lane   July 18, 2012Cities and cars share a conflicted rel…

Started by spencewine

6 Jul 25, 2012
Reply by Thunder Snow

What is up with Elston between Fullerton and Logan?

They have it torn up yet again for what, the 4th time in as many months? It's not very safe for riding as there is no room for bikes with…

Started by Far'arned Retrogrumpalunkus #63

7 Mar 27, 2012
Reply by Ride it like you stole it

Damen between Lake and I290

hi all, i saw a brief mention of this stretch of damen in an earlier post, but i'm looking for more feedback on what to do here--to be lega…

Started by k marie

8 Feb 23, 2012
Reply by k marie

Help us kill a proposed drive-thru that will cut the Halsted St. bike lane below Clybourn

There is a plan in my neighborhood to develop 1530-34 N. Halsted St. into a small banking facility with a drive-thru. Please help kill this…

Started by Charles Brasfort

15 Feb 3, 2012
Reply by Kellie

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service