The Chainlink

All Discussions Tagged 'camping' (22)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Camp Sites in Milwaukee?

I am going to be taking a weekend trip up to Milwaukee with a group of my friends using this route. We are going to bike there, spend a day…

Started by Isaac Ahrens

1 Jun 18, 2013
Reply by millenial removing Bernie tattoo

Illinois Beach State Park Question- best sites?

I've never been to this park before and wondered where the best sites are. (I can't make this weekend's outing to scout around.) I'm planni…

Started by Fran Kondorf

6 Jun 13, 2013
Reply by Garth Liebhaber

GITy Up! bike camping closes when the clock strikes 12 Saturday night

Don't make us call you pun'kin. You have just enough time to review the 5 unbelievably compelling reasons to ride GITy Up!, plus read the m…

Started by Steve Buchtel

1 Jul 3, 2012
Reply by Ash L.

Overnight bike camping/touring classes at REI Chicagoland stores in May

They're geared toward the GITy Up! crowd—first-time bike campers and folks of all stripes who want to get away (sorry, Southwest) for the w…

Started by Steve Buchtel

0 Apr 23, 2012

GITy Up!'s got get-up-&-go—families and first-timers filling up our bike camping tour

Half of all registrants are bringing tykes on bikes—could be the s'mores, could be the nearly all-trail route, could be the giant windmill.…

Started by Steve Buchtel

0 Apr 13, 2012

Bike Security at IL Beach State Park

Heading up to Zion on Friday, and I'm wondering what those of you who have ridden up there before did with your bikes.  Can I lock mine to…

Started by Tank-Ridin' Ryan

14 Jun 20, 2011
Reply by S

pitching a tent

no really...i get a stiffy for camping...   tis almost the season... who is up for some bicycle camping? load up your bike and/or trailer a…

Started by igz

26 May 3, 2010
Reply by Barry Niel Stuart

Long Distance Ride

Being super motivated since becoming an avid rider, I'd like to get a group of folks together to do a long distance ride (at least 50 miles…

Started by Sophs

12 Aug 16, 2009
Reply by 8vPete

Chicago to Boston

Hi there, Thinking of making a longer tour? I am, and I plan on riding to MA to visit some family and then take a train back. The trip is a…

Started by Nate Maier

9 May 15, 2009
Reply by Homebuilt

MEETING - Memorial Day Weekend Ride

Please get in touch with me about a meeting for the Chicago to Madison ride on Memorial Day weekend. I want to schedule the meeting at some…

Started by Matt M. 18.5KM

0 Feb 16, 2009

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service