The Chainlink

All Discussions Tagged 'bike' (594)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Eight Reasons Why I Bike

I've posted an article on my blog about why I bike. If you'd like to read it, I would love some feedback from bikers. Here is the start the…

Started by Patrick M

21 Jan 20, 2010
Reply by Patrick M

Cool Out Of Town Bike Shops (for the travelling Chainlinker)

Since some of us travel (I'm in AZ currently), I thought this could be a good thread/resource for those traveling and need recs for good bi…

Started by Julie Aberman (Hochstadter)

15 Jan 11, 2010
Reply by rzafromravinia

the L station finally has a good rack to lock your bike

i saw the finished brown line on fullerton and i like it a lot. 1. in open view, and not around the side in a theft-friendly dank space. th…

Started by thang van ung

5 Jan 7, 2010
Reply by Little Phil

office building bike access

A friend forwarded this NY times article about a new NYC law mandating that office buildings with freight elevators allow their use to give…

Started by Anne Alt

4 Jan 6, 2010
Reply by heather s

Chiditarod 2010 - Core Organizer Callout

iditarod = dogs+sleds+tundra chiditarod = people+shopping carts+asphalt+glory it is in the air. it is time. you want to share the glory,…

Started by diane

3 Dec 9, 2009
Reply by diane

pros and cons of bike commuting

The Sun-Times ran a piece on this today. To the "worst things" list, I'd add: * Wrong-way traffic coming at me in the bike lane. To the "…

Started by Anne Alt

15 Nov 4, 2009
Reply by mattbikes1

New Mechanic Courses at Rapid Transit.

Hey all, I am interested in all opinions and input about technical maintenance courses. Rapid Transit has recently entered the world of tea…

Started by RigWheels

0 Nov 3, 2009

Where to find a list of bike tours in US and Abroad? Preferred Tour Operators?

Looking for a site that lists bike tours from a host of tour operators (i.e. VBT, Backroads) in the US and abroad. Anyone, anyone? Preferre…

Started by Julie Aberman (Hochstadter)

3 Oct 29, 2009
Reply by Josh Hirsen

How to report bike lane hazards to the city.

Here's a link to a blog post describing how to report hazards like sink holes and such to the city: http://thechicagobicycleadvocate.blogsp

Started by Brendan Kevenides

1 Oct 22, 2009
Reply by Mark Kenseth

Mount Diablo

Just recently came back from the West Coast biking trip with NEE. Following is one of the many beautiful and exhilarating rides we did. Mo…

Started by Ali

5 Oct 14, 2009
Reply by Matt M. 18.5KM

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service