Forum Discussions (15,469)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Bike parking?

First Powell and her registration proposal. Now bikes should pay to park. And they should dress better. http://www.chicagonow.com/interesti

Started by Skip Montanaro 0mi in Bikes and Bicycling

8 Oct 25, 2013
Reply by Wolf-Pup

Another brilliant Aldermanic proposal-- $25 license and mandatory safety course for all cyclists in Chicago

Got a call from a Trib journalist for a reaction.... 3rd ward alderwoman, no time to look up the name which I'm blocking on. Sometimes this…

Started by h' Zerocats in Bikes and Bicycling

59 Oct 25, 2013
Reply by Juan 2-3 or more mi.

22" Kuota Carbon Fiber Road Bike $1200

Kuota 22" almost new Carbon Fiber Racing Bike for $1200. Bike weights less than 20 lbs, and has a unique frame with no decals, has the fol…

Started by Sara Ellis in Marketplace

2 Oct 25, 2013
Reply by Jaik S.

Milwaukee/Grand/Halsted Reversed

Any theories why the traffic light cycle for Milwaukee/Grand/Halsted got reversed? Until Monday it ran counterclockwise like most other thr…

Started by Matt Wolfe in Bikes and Bicycling

10 Oct 24, 2013
Reply by Matt Wolfe

need drywall contractor recommendation

hey guys/gals : a friend needs a small drywall job done. North side. does anyone have a recommendation for a good, reasonable priced drywal…

Started by dan brown in Marketplace

1 Oct 24, 2013
Reply by Wolf-Pup

How efficient Cab Complaints are?

I filed my second complaint yesterday. The night before, on my way home from work, I was cut off by a cab (the same cab!) several times wit…

Started by Serge Lubomudrov in Bikes and Bicycling

26 Oct 24, 2013
Reply by Lisa Curcio

2013 54cm Trek Domane P1 6 Series

Just lost my job as a bicycle mechanic, so I got to let a horse to pasture to pay rent! My 2013 Project 1 Domane 6 Series is full Ultegra 6…

Started by Scott Chaffin in Marketplace

0 Oct 24, 2013

Peopleforbikes.org Cycling etiquette piece

Just sharing a fairly, well written piece by Kristin Butcher on peopleforbikes.org http://www.peopleforbikes.org/blog/entry/cycling-etique

Started by Mickeal Teague in Bikes and Bicycling

10 Oct 24, 2013
Reply by Mickeal Teague

BICYCLE FEE!!!!!

OUR MAYOR AND CITY GOVERMENT ON THE 5 PM NEWS ON CHANNEL 7 SAID THEY ARE THINKING OF A FEE FOR OWNING AND A LICENSE TO RIDE A BICYCLE IN CH…

Started by GEORGE VANDERFOR in Bikes and Bicycling

13 Oct 24, 2013
Reply by Matt Talbert

Spotted on the Berteau Greenway this afternoon: USPS in the bike lane, semi, glass & downed signs

I'm writing an article for the Huffington Post on the "greenway" and was out taking pictures today; came across all these parts. Inspired b…

Started by Renee Patten in Bikes and Bicycling

1 Oct 23, 2013
Reply by Adam Herstein

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service