Forum Discussions (15,469)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Wheelmen's Harmon Hundred Huge Success

The weather could not have been better for Sept 7th's Harmon Hundred sponsored by the Wheeling Wheelmen.  Over 650 riders left Wilmot High…

Started by Pam Kaloustian in Bikes and Bicycling

0 Sep 15, 2014

Metal or Plastic Fenders for Touring/Commuting?

I have been fender shopping and going crazy.  One day I want hammered Velo Orange metal fenders and the next day I want SKS Plastic Longboa…

Started by Dave D in Bikes and Bicycling

44 Sep 15, 2014
Reply by Jeff Schneider

The Stone Bridge

With all the talk and discussion about the Lake Shore Path and the North River extension is anything happening with the "Stone Bridge" proj…

Started by Bob Kastigar in Bikes and Bicycling

17 Sep 15, 2014
Reply by Anne Alt

Bike Friendliest Mayor for 2015?

I'm on Fioretti's e-mail list and it looks like he'll be announcing his candidacy tomorrow morning. Karen Lewis is either running, or in th…

Started by h' Zerocats in General Discussion (not bike related)

3 Sep 15, 2014
Reply by Anne Alt

pair of Yepp Maxi Easyfit/Xtracycle Peapod III baby seats with EasyFit Carriers/Flight Deck adapters

Hey Xtracycle lovers and kid havers--we're making the move away from baby seats, since there are no more babies here. So we have two Yepp M…

Started by Colin Murphy in Marketplace

2 Sep 15, 2014
Reply by Colin Murphy

FS: Soma Double Cross 56cm $1550

Hi!I got a very clean Soma Double Cross in a 56.5cm frame. I initially built it for cyclocross last year, but never raced; so then I switch…

Started by Scott Chillson in Marketplace

2 Sep 15, 2014
Reply by Jaik S.

Electric Bikes?

Would you use one and why? 

Started by Madeline in Bikes and Bicycling

42 Sep 14, 2014
Reply by peter moormann

When a bike mechanic says

you need to replace the wheel because your rims are worn out or concave, how valid is that? I've attached a photo of the rim if that helps…

Started by dan becco in Bikes and Bicycling

10 Sep 13, 2014
Reply by Doug Haynes

Chicago's own BFF Bikes nominated for best women's/female-friendly shop at Interbike this week!

Way to go BFF! http://www.interbike.com/static/pdf/Award_Categories_and_Nominees_Detailed_31Jul_FINAL6.pdf

Started by A.K.A Paul in Bikes and Bicycling

26 Sep 12, 2014
Reply by Lisa Curcio

New Goose Island ped/bike bridge - will you use it?

A developer is proposing a new bridge over the Chicago river between Chicago and Division streets. It won't be too useful to me in most cas…

Started by Louis K in Bikes and Bicycling

11 Sep 12, 2014
Reply by Juan 2-3 or more mi.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service