Forum Discussions (15,469)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Streetsblog Chicago, "O’Shea Can You See? Formerly Anti-Bike Alderman Now Wants Divvy"

While some Divvy cyclists struggle a bit, the growing demand for Divvy stations in neighborhoods and as an apartment amenity is great for c…

Started by Yasmeen in Bikes and Bicycling

2 Oct 12, 2015
Reply by Yasmeen

First Chicago Winter

Hey All, first off probably worth doing a bit about me. I'm British born, I have been backwards and forward to Chicago from the UK for the…

Started by Beeby in Bikes and Bicycling

11 Oct 12, 2015
Reply by Beeby

100 mile PBL goal met? Not exactly. Still a great "bike network" milestone for CDOT.

Chicagoist must have gone off the press release for this article, "Chicago has finally reached the mayor's ambitious goal of installing mor…

0 Oct 12, 2015

Important update about North Shore bike enforcement *Action Requested*

Lots of us bike through this area on training rides, rides to Wisconsin, Lake Bluff Brewery, etc. This is a follow up to the crack-down tha…

3 Oct 11, 2015
Reply by Yasmeen

Stolen Blue Suburban- Ridgeland Green Line Stop- Oak Park

My fault.  I went to a concert Tuesday night, locked it with a cable lock, and was on duty for work last night.  Tonight, the cable lock wa…

Started by Tim Heckman in Bikes and Bicycling

4 Oct 10, 2015
Reply by Tim Heckman

Southbound Dearborn closed at Wacker this weekend (10/10/15)

Dearborn is closed to southbound bike traffic at Wacker and north bound traffic is condensed to one shared lane. There are no signs until y…

Started by Cameron 7.5 mi in Bikes and Bicycling

1 Oct 10, 2015
Reply by Steve G

Our Harmon 100 in Wisconsin

Our favorite Fall ride that I have been riding for many years is the Harmon Hundred. It's named after Phyllis Harmon who was very active in…

Started by Joseph Beemster in Bikes and Bicycling

0 Oct 9, 2015

Phil Wood Bearing locally stocked?

My Phil Wood rear hub crapped out on me last night on the ride home. Had to load the bike onto the bus and get home that way... how frustra…

Started by Ryan Stahlman in Bikes and Bicycling

11 Oct 9, 2015
Reply by Greg Valent

Bike Messenger Appreciation Day is Friday

10-9 is the radio code for "what? please repeat your transmission" and every Oct. 9 (10/9) is Bike Messenger Appreciation Day. Let our loc…

Started by Active Transportation Alliance in Bikes and Bicycling

4 Oct 9, 2015
Reply by Mike Keating

Creepy "Psychiatrist, Booby-Trapped Oregon Bike Trails"

"A psychiatrist pleaded guilty Wednesday and was sentenced to 30 days in jail for planting booby traps that injured Oregon mountain bikers…

3 Oct 9, 2015
Reply by Tom A.K.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service