Forum Discussions (15,469)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Chainlinker Jasmin Welter is the author of today's Moxie's blog, "Commuting and the City"

Photo by Yasmeen Schuller   Jasmin Welter: As multiple studies have shown, bike commuting has many benefits: People who bike to work are…

Started by Yasmeen in Chicago Cycling News and Topics

0 Feb 29, 2016

Disturbing New Approach by Bike Thieves in London

Photos by Sarah King Bike Thieves saw through the bike rack and cover the cut with tape. Once a cyclist locks their bike, the thieves ca…

Started by Yasmeen in Bikes and Bicycling

1 Feb 26, 2016
Reply by Fran Kondorf

Specialized Secture Disc - 61CM - black on black on black

Bought new last February as a leftover 2014 model. It spent several months attached to my cycle trainer. I rode it on the road (outside) ex…

Started by Brad Bauer in Marketplace

7 Feb 26, 2016
Reply by Brad Bauer

Now Hiring Divvy Van Drivers!

Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit orga…

Started by Jacob Grobe in Job Postings

0 Feb 26, 2016

The case for making bicyclists stop at red lights

Bicyclists who barrel through red lights without even slowing down are the worst, right? As urban cycling has grown in popularity, this rec…

Started by Gene Tenner in Bikes and Bicycling

5 Feb 26, 2016
Reply by Yasmeen

Surly Long Haul Trucker Transformed into a Traveling Weather Station

Professor Nicholas Rajkovich of University at Buffalo created a traveling weather station using his Surly LHT. Photo of the Weather Stati…

Started by Yasmeen in Bikes and Bicycling

1 Feb 26, 2016
Reply by George Schick

What do you do if you spot your stolen bike?

I've never had my bike stolen (knock on wood), so I'm posing this question out of curiosity. If your bike was stolen and then you either s…

Started by AirRun in Bikes and Bicycling

1 Feb 25, 2016
Reply by Mike Schwab

Used Continental Gatorskin tires - 27" x 1 1/4"

I have a used Gatorskin tire for 27" x 1 1/4 wheels for sale. By used, I mean a full year of regular commuting (1500 miles?). There are so…

Started by Rob D. in Marketplace

2 Feb 25, 2016
Reply by Moc Artsy

Bicycle Mechanic & Service Manager Wanted

Bobby's Bike Hike, Chicago's leader in bicycle tours and rentals, is expanding and seeking a Full-time service manager an…

Started by Bobby's Bike Hike- Chicago Tours in Job Postings

0 Feb 25, 2016

Live Grit is looking for fun and passionate people to join our team!

At Live Grit, we are passionate about people, life, and endurance sports. We are looking to grow our team with people who feel the same.  L…

Started by Gillian Fealy in Job Postings

0 Feb 25, 2016

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service