Forum Discussions (15,469)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Annotated Chicago Bike Map

Hello Chainlinkers, I've been attempting to ride every bike lane in Chicago this year. In doing so, I started annotating where the mapped…

Started by blingy in Bikes and Bicycling

0 Apr 22, 2016

Major Taylor Trail workdays

We have a trail workday TOMORROW -  Saturday morning - from 9 a.m. to noon.  We will be cutting back brush along the trail between 127th an…

Started by Anne Alt in Bikes and Bicycling

0 Apr 22, 2016

Disposable helmet fabricated from cardboard boxes, or even used egg containers.

I cringe everytime I observe a helmet less cyclist. The Divvy Bike phenomena has vastly increased the number of helmet less riders. It’s ge…

Started by Russ Hume in Bikes and Bicycling

0 Apr 21, 2016

The Curious Reasons Why Bike Share Is So Safe

Inexperienced riders are a feature, not a bug, of bike-share systems across the country, which seem to be safer not only than regular bikes…

Started by Gene Tenner in Bikes and Bicycling

4 Apr 21, 2016
Reply by Kara B

Custom ALL-CITY SPACE HORSE 52cm- $1300

612 select ChroMoly Steel frame 4030 ChroMoly fork  10 speed Ultegra (12-30t cassette). Like new, no dents or scratches, barely ridden (le…

Started by Emily Anderson in Marketplace

0 Apr 21, 2016

Commuting tips for women

Hey everyone. I'm looking for tips commuting tips and dealing with clothing, sweat, hair stuff like that (all seasons, I guess rain and hea…

Started by Jamie Ishii in Bikes and Bicycling

5 Apr 21, 2016
Reply by Anne Alt

Swedish Engineer Turns Bicycle into mini-car

Looks like fun ... http://shows.huffingtonpost.com/video/swedish-engineer-turns-a-bicycle-into-a-mini-car-57166b58e4b0a29461548652

Started by Larry Mysz in Bikes and Bicycling

0 Apr 21, 2016

This Columnist Needs to Ride a Bike (and get a clue)

As cyclists, we all know there are much needed improvements but this columnist is clueless because he doesn't ride a bike and thinks the bi…

Started by Yasmeen in Bikes and Bicycling

6 Apr 20, 2016
Reply by Joe Guzzardo

15,000 Bikes Stolen In Chicago Since 2010 (And Barely Any Have Been Found)

UPTOWN — Since 2010, 15,259 bikes have been reported stolen to the Chicago Police Department. Only 62 have been reported found. "The proble…

9 Apr 20, 2016
Reply by Jaik S.

The Worst 10 Places To Leave Your Bike In Chicago (MAP)

CHICAGO — Bike thieves love the lakefront. Since 2010, 15,629 bikes were reported stolen, according to data acquired from the Chicago Polic…

0 Apr 20, 2016

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service