Forum Discussions (15,468)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Belmont/California/Elston: WTE*F?

Disclaimer: I have been driving a car sometimes lately. And today, not once, but twice, I almost seriously crashed into a biker weaving in…

Started by Sarah D. in Bikes and Bicycling

3 Jun 22, 2017
Reply by Sarah D.

Looking for a ride to RAGBRAI

Curious if anyone has an extra seat in their vehicle from Chicago to Orange City for the start of ragbrai.  I have a team of friends and fa…

Started by jimmytwowheels in Bikes and Bicycling

0 Jun 22, 2017

When to shift?

I have been riding for more than 30 years as an adult. I shift up when it feels too easy and shift down when it seems too hard. A lot of gu…

Started by Gene Tenner in Bikes and Bicycling

1 Jun 21, 2017
Reply by ad

Two Bikes Stolen from Basement in Near North

Posted my thefts on Chicago Stolen Bike Registry. Someone broke into the basement of our condo building and made off with my black Gazelle…

Started by Deni Mayer in Bikes and Bicycling

2 Jun 21, 2017
Reply by Deni Mayer

Bianchi Hybrid Mountain Bike 23" Frame, $250 OBO

This bike is a bit small for me, but its lightweight and rides well. It may need a bit of work, but its also a $700 bike that you get real…

Started by Peter Ludwig in Marketplace

0 Jun 21, 2017

Bike Commuting Groups?

A friend of mine recently moved from Lincoln Park to Forest Park and joined a Google Group for bike commuters coming from the west side: ht…

Started by Skip Montanaro 0mi in Chicago Cycling News and Topics

11 Jun 21, 2017
Reply by JMinHP

Midway to Avondale?

Hi! I am going to try to bike from the Midway area (Harlem and the Stevenson/55-basically) up to Avondale (Belmont/ California) tomorrow. D…

Started by Lisa Sanzenbacher in Bikes and Bicycling

3 Jun 20, 2017
Reply by Shawn Evans

Pittsburgh Cycling?

Hi all!  I'm taking the caps to Pittsburgh on the train to participate in Handmade Arcade and have a question - does Pittsburgh have a bike…

Started by Erin Rensink in Bikes and Bicycling

11 Jun 20, 2017
Reply by Alex Z

The Chainlink on WGN Talking Bikes

WGN is airing a little segment tomorrow talking bikes, The Chainlink, and favorite bike lanes. If you are up super early, I'll be on Outsid…

Started by Yasmeen in Chicago Cycling News and Topics

2 Jun 19, 2017
Reply by Yasmeen

Second Chicago Bike Fatality of 2017: Louis Smith in Garfield Park

Louis Smith, 56 year old was killed while riding his bike in Garfield Park. It is upsetting to see the details - is that really what happen…

Started by Yasmeen in Chicago Cycling News and Topics

12 Jun 19, 2017
Reply by Tom A.K.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service