Forum Discussions (15,468)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Who All Is Going to Today's Winter Bike Rally?

Did you go? Please post pics! We'd love to see who all was there.  https://www.facebook.com/events/325294421306053/

Started by Yasmeen in Chicago Cycling News and Topics

3 Jan 26, 2018
Reply by Jasmin

Letter to the Editor

Dear Editor, The sun shining down on Milwaukee Avenue this morning was blindingly bright! It's a dangerous situation to have the sun be so…

Started by Alex Z in Bikes and Bicycling

1 Jan 26, 2018
Reply by Yasmeen

Oak Park trustees vote to kill the village's Divvy program

Bad news about Divvy bike-share in this near-west suburb: https://chi.streetsblog.org/2018/01/17/for-whom-the-bike-bell-tolls-oak-park-vote

Started by John Greenfield in Bikes and Bicycling

12 Jan 25, 2018
Reply by Alex Z

My Bike Crash Today. (I'm ok.)

If only someone, somewhere, could have mentioned at least once that this spot gets icy and people can crash. (I crashed this morning.)

Started by dav in Bikes and Bicycling

6 Jan 24, 2018
Reply by Velo Celt

In dire need of a Surly trailer to run a couple errands on Friday or Saturday (1-26, 1-27)

Title says it all. I have a Surly Troll with the Surly hitch nuts installed, and a really desperate need to deliver a couple bike frames th…

Started by Velo Celt in Bikes and Bicycling

0 Jan 24, 2018

New Tiagra 4700 groupset

A new Tiagra 4700 groupset, it was taken off a brand new bike and replaced with a different groupset. The groupset was never used. Asking p…

Started by Yaco in Marketplace

0 Jan 18, 2018

Swap car lanes for bike lanes along Chicago Avenue in West Town?

A proposal to put a stretch of Chicago Avenue in West Town on a “road diet” to accommodate bike lanes on both sides of the street will be o…

Started by Gene Tenner in Bikes and Bicycling

22 Jan 18, 2018
Reply by Filka Bean

Cranberries Singer Dolores O'Riordan Dead At 46

Sad news. If she didn't ride a bike in real life see did in my imagination. Listen to Zombie and you'll understand why her voice will be mi…

Started by Ken Gray in General Discussion (not bike related)

4 Jan 16, 2018
Reply by Alex Z

50 lb Divvy Bike, 6k Miles in One Year of Delivering Food

Kerdia, a 25-year-old from the South Loop rides a 50 lb Divvy to delivery food. 6,000 miles of Divvy food deliveries in one year. "A lifel…

Started by Yasmeen in Chicago Cycling News and Topics

0 Jan 16, 2018

Bike Tour

Hey all planning a little trip for next December break and thought a bike tour somewhere outside of North America could be fun.  Anyone go…

Started by Tim S in Bikes and Bicycling

4 Jan 15, 2018
Reply by Tim S

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service