Forum Discussions (15,468)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

How to fix a frozen rear derailleur?

My rear derailleur will freeze below 30 degrees. I thought it was the cables that were the problem until I tried to move the derailleur bac…

Started by Gene Tenner in Bikes and Bicycling

21 Feb 8, 2018
Reply by Mike Zumwalt

Lost & Found

For everyone to post about their Lost & Founds On my ride today just after 5pm I picked up a bike lock key, rear bike light and a bike…

Started by Jaik S. in Bikes and Bicycling

33 Feb 7, 2018
Reply by Jaik S.

606 Status?

Slightly off-topic, but I've got some cross-country skis and was thinking of hitting the 606 this weekend. How's the snow cover at the mome…

Started by Joe Schmoe in General Discussion (not bike related)

12 Feb 7, 2018
Reply by Joe Schmoe

Sold

Pair of 1st generation wire bead winter contact 700c x 37mm tires.  One has the sales stickers with it the other does not but both have bee…

Started by Christopher C. in Marketplace

1 Feb 7, 2018
Reply by herdingbats

Tour de Shore

I'm wondering if any Chainlinkers have done the Tour de Shore ride in past years (and doing it again this year) or, like me, are participat…

Started by Adam C. in Bikes and Bicycling

5 Feb 6, 2018
Reply by J Williams

Surly Ice Cream Truck Ops Fat Bike XL - 2014 Black

Used 2014 model.  Pristine condition & unused since 2015.  Possibly including two Revelate Designs bags (Gas Tank & Tangle Frame Ba…

Started by pat 5.5mi in Marketplace

1 Feb 5, 2018
Reply by Scott richardson

Best way to get rid of surface rust?

It's been a hard few months on my daily commute. I had to take 8 days off after a crash. I come back to my chain and cassette, dry and rust…

Started by dav in Bikes and Bicycling

5 Feb 4, 2018
Reply by mike w.

New map uses infrared data to show where Chicagoans like to run, ride bikes

A heatmap using data compiled from a fitness app shows where Chicagoans like to run and take their bikes: in the city’s big parks and along…

Started by Gene Tenner in Bikes and Bicycling

2 Feb 3, 2018
Reply by Tony Adams

Cars take to park paths to avoid crash traffic on Lakeshore Drive.

What the hell was going through these drivers' minds? Even a CTA bus followed the lemmings into the grass. This is an example of the seriou…

Started by P.J.C. in Bikes and Bicycling

3 Feb 2, 2018
Reply by sten

Feminist Podcast bicycling episode

I've been a fan of these two since their podcast called Stuff Mom Never Told You. Their current podcast is called Unladylike. I was excited…

Started by dav in Bikes and Bicycling

2 Feb 1, 2018
Reply by Julie Aberman (Hochstadter)

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service