The Chainlink

Bikes and Bicycling (12,330)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Ray Coronado is the Bike Friendly candidate for Alderman of the 19th Ward.

I'm supporting an everyman candidate for Alderman for the 19th Ward. (Full disclosure, I'm his campaign manager, very, very grass roots) Ra…

Started by Ken Gray

1 Nov 30, 2010
Reply by Anne Alt

Sew Your Own Messenger Bag Class!

SIGN UP NOW! For a multi-week SEW YOUR OWN EASY MESSENGER BAG CLASS at Lill St. Arts Center!Do you need a bag that holds a ton of stuff?  A…

Started by Nora Renick Rinehart

4 Nov 29, 2010
Reply by Nora Renick Rinehart

More lights -- Electronics help/ideas

I've been thinking about better lighting (for my visibility) for these dark evenings, and with the recent talk of lights I thought I would…

Started by Joel

11 Nov 29, 2010
Reply by XV

IPP Open at Stearns Road

The Stearns Rd bridge project appears done, at least as far as the IPP is concerned.  I took the IPP north to Elgin today.  At Stearns &…

Started by Chris C

1 Nov 29, 2010
Reply by M.A.R.K.

Has the city of Chicago started pre-salting the roads?

I seem to remember from previous years that the City of Chicago pretreats the road with some salt solution to help with future snow ploughi…

Started by Duppie

0 Nov 28, 2010

Veteran cyclist pedalled to his funeral

A cycling fanatic hit the road for the last time when his coffin was hitched to a tandem and taken to his funeral.Read entire article here.…

Started by Julie Aberman (Hochstadter)

1 Nov 28, 2010
Reply by Vilda

Fox River Trail Woes...

Anyone ridden the Fox River Trail north of Fox River Shores Forest Preserve (Carpentersville) recently? My wife and I rode there a while ba…

Started by Gordon Human

9 Nov 28, 2010
Reply by M.A.R.K.

LFP S-Curve - Why is it slanted and why no wall?

A co-worker of mine went from Belmont to Ohio Street last night, and this morning we were talking about the S-curve and its oddities.Perhap…

Started by Tank-Ridin' Ryan

9 Nov 28, 2010
Reply by millenial removing Bernie tattoo

How badly would this thing suck as a helmet cam?

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?InvtId=P2009HD2-BP&cm_mmc=geekmail-_-daily_html-_-24nov10_BFCM_02-_-BFCM_02Main1

Started by h' Zerocats

7 Nov 28, 2010
Reply by h' Zerocats

The awesomeness of Working Bikes Cooperative

I went shopping with my sister at Working Bikes Cooperative in Pilsen to help her pick out a new bicycle. Here's that story.

Started by Steven Vance

3 Nov 27, 2010
Reply by Steven Vance

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service