The Chainlink

Bikes and Bicycling (12,102)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Group Ride Indication of Interest: Great Allegheny Passage

I am looking to do a six-day ride from Pittsburgh to DC on the Great Allegheny Passage/C&O Canal Towpath. Ride is ~333 miles point to p…

Started by SixtyTwoPercent

18 Mar 5
Reply by Tricolor

Nexus Service

I have a Nexus 7 hub, about ten years old.  It's functional, but I think it would benefit from a lube.  And if there's anything worn, I'd w…

Started by Paul Lazzaro

1 Mar 5
Reply by djm

How far you've ridden in 2020

Not far, just around the block.  Slippery where it wasn't shoveled well. I just wanted to be first to start this discussion.

Started by Bob Kastigar

20 Mar 3
Reply by MagMileMarauder

Unidentified bicyclist killed in hit-and-run in East Garfield Park

An unidentified man was killed in a hit-and-run while riding his bike Saturday morning in the East Garfield Park neighborhood on the West S…

Started by Bob Kastigar

0 Feb 29

Catlike Helmets Goes Out Of Business

Personally, i think they made some of the best summer and commute helmets. I'm buying a new one for summer now. You can read more of the cl…

Started by Jaik S.

0 Feb 27

What Do You Look For In A Bluetooth Speaker??

My old speaker fell off my bicycle and got run over by a minivan so I got myself a new Bose SoundLink. It's got great sound and a strap to…

Started by dav

8 Feb 26
Reply by Gort 12-mile Pinklegneep

Stabbing on the 606 Bike Path

Unfortunately crime has descended on the 606 around noon on Monday, February 23. https://blockclubchicago.org/2020/02/24/bicyclist-stabbed-

Started by clp

4 Feb 26
Reply by clp

Help request additional bike parking on west side of Thompson Center

Friends, I am trying to get the City of Chicago to add sufficient bike parking where I lock my bike for work, and I need your help. I work…

Started by Jon Sheffield

1 Feb 22
Reply by Jim Reho

MDI - Meidai Bicycle Pumps: Do you have one and do you love it?

I've stumbled on a topic which no one has posted and for which there is very little information elsewhere. There is no question people lo…

Started by Matt M. 18.5KM

35 Feb 12
Reply by Matt M. 18.5KM

IDOT seeks applicants for transportation planning grants

March 13 deadline to submit project ideas that advance long-range goals SPRINGFIELD – The Illinois Department of Transportation announced t…

Started by Bob Kastigar

0 Feb 11

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service