The Chainlink

Bikes and Bicycling (12,207)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Truck Driver Crashes Into Cyclists, Killing 5, Outside Las Vegas

The crash happened on Thursday morning as a group of about 20 bicyclists rode on the shoulder of U.S. 95 in Clark County, just north of Sea…

Started by Bob Kastigar

0 Dec 11, 2020

Bicycle Related Recalls

List of recalled bike related products here. Add any others you know about. Also check www.recalls.gov for more info on many recalls; bikes…

Started by Allen Wrench

20 Dec 10, 2020
Reply by Thunder Snow

Hour Long Record

I'm looking for a good course to try my hour long record.  It should be flat, circular (or square) so wind is less of a variable, low traff…

Started by Eric Pounder

2 Dec 9, 2020
Reply by David P.

Infrastructure Can Make a Difference Between Life and Death

Before I jump into this, yes, I do very much believe we need to be careful and defensive cyclists. Some of the most helpful advice I receiv…

Started by Yasmeen

0 Dec 1, 2020

Das Damen Deaths

I heard from bike store of two deaths on Damen near United Center, those scary five blocks where cars speed. I've been taking that stretch…

Started by SlowCoachOnTheRoad

21 Nov 26, 2020
Reply by ketoguychicago

Bicyclist, 70, hurt in hit-and-run Palatine crash

Police are searching for a motorist who drove away after striking a 70-year-old man on a bicycle Sunday in suburban Palatine. The driver al…

Started by Bob Kastigar

0 Nov 24, 2020

Tell Congress: Give public transit the same amount of funding as roads

Public transportation is critical to reducing our greenhouse gas emissions, improving public health, dismantling barriers to opportunity, e…

Started by Bob Kastigar

0 Nov 23, 2020

Bike thefts jump during pandemic

Bike thefts jump during a pandemic: ‘It’s a huge problem’ Police have seen about a 6% increase in thefts this year, while the Chicago Stol…

Started by Bob Kastigar

0 Nov 23, 2020

Mary Wisniewski?

Whatever happened to Mary Wisniewski? She did transportation writing for either the Sun-Times or the Tribune. She frequently attended the M…

Started by Bob Kastigar

2 Nov 17, 2020
Reply by John Greenfield

Bicyclist killed in Aurora hit-and-run: police

The man was hit by a vehicle about 7:30 p.m. near the intersection of Montgomery Road and White Eagle Drive, according to a statement from…

Started by Bob Kastigar

0 Nov 16, 2020

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service