The Chainlink

Bikes and Bicycling (12,102)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Riding East and West

This is the Equinox, so be careful on the east-west streets. Riding east in the morning during sunrise and west in the evening during sunse…

Started by Bob Kastigar

1 Mar 19
Reply by ketoguychicago

Any additional sites

I went on a riverboat cruise on the Rhine River (brag alert). On our day in Strassburg, I took a guided tour on a bike. The guide said he…

Started by alan miller

4 Mar 19
Reply by alan miller

NY Times: A Grandmother. A Doctor. A 10-Year-Old Boy: N.Y. Traffic Deaths Rise

https://nyti.ms/3aGtOd Probably nothing we don't already understand from our own experience... From the article: In an effort to identify…

Started by Skip Montanaro 14.5mi

8 Mar 19
Reply by David P.

kansas city

I am riding around kansas city this april 4 to 7. Any suggestions?

Started by DanGer 8.2mi

22 Mar 17
Reply by Sabrina Bosch

What did you NOT need this Winter?

I'm sure it will Snow again like opening day but I'm also sure we won't be getting a polar vortex this year. It was a mild Winter and I nev…

Started by Mike Zumwalt

5 Mar 17
Reply by Sabrina Bosch

Chicago area powdercoaters?

This is a topic that's been discussed here in the past, and at length, but most of that information is out of date. I've got a bike that p…

Started by Albany Park Al

9 Mar 16
Reply by ketoguychicago

Garfield Park bike shop??!?

Looking to open bike shop on Madison & Pulaski retail corridor of Garfield Park. I've got the space, looking for individual or group to…

Started by BN

8 Mar 16
Reply by ketoguychicago

Safe to ride Jackson on West Side?

I've started riding to my workplace, going west on Jackson from Damen, then continuing on Jackson west to Homan (3400 W).  It seemed safe e…

Started by SlowCoachOnTheRoad

9 Mar 16
Reply by ketoguychicago

Navy Pier Flyover to close Tuesday 9/3 for about a month

The new section of the Lakefront Trail’s Navy Pier Flyover will be closed for construction for about a month starting Tuesday, city officia…

Started by Bob Kastigar

17 Mar 14
Reply by Jim Reho

McGrath Lexus/Acura Truck Driver Parked in Elston Bike Lane Chased Me with a Crowbar

So this was exciting! Riding home from work tonight I was surprised to see a vehicle delivery truck parked in the southbound Elston bike la…

Started by James

16 Mar 13
Reply by ketoguychicago

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service