The Chainlink

Bikes and Bicycling (12,191)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

New bike lanes protect Logan Square cyclists

\ New bike lanes protect Logan Square cyclists but keep customers away, some business owners say The city has installed plastic curbs a…

Started by Bob Kastigar

0 Oct 3

Air pollution masks

I'm so tired of buses and other diesel vehicles driving past, leaving a trail of lead and other nasty-smelling things. Has anyone tried any…

Started by Morning

26 Oct 2
Reply by Elwood Gruschow

How far you've ridden in 2020

Not far, just around the block.  Slippery where it wasn't shoveled well. I just wanted to be first to start this discussion.

Started by Bob Kastigar

126 Oct 1
Reply by curt(is) locke

A bike ride for justice

A bike ride for justice: ‘We all have to work together for peace in this city’ As Usher’s hit single “Yeah!” blared through the speakers,…

Started by Bob Kastigar

2 Oct 1
Reply by curt(is) locke

Automnal Equinox

This is the week of the Autumn Equinox - where the day and night are equal, and the sun is passing over the horizon.  If you riding on the…

Started by Bob Kastigar

2 Sep 27
Reply by curt(is) locke

Map: Chicago’s ghost bikes

They lean quietly, ashen monochrome standing out among stickered newspaper boxes and rusting metal. Flowers, dead or dying, dot the wheels'…

Started by Bob Kastigar

0 Sep 24

Store Inverted?

I am looking at different options to store my five bicycles in a condo with no out of the unit storage space. One option is to hang a bike…

Started by Elwood Gruschow

3 Sep 17
Reply by ketoguychicago

Mayor’s Bicycle Advisory Council

Originally scheduled for Sept 9th at City Hall downtown. https://chicagocompletestreets.org/sample-page-2/mayors-advisory-councils/ I haven…

Started by Bob Kastigar

3 Sep 15
Reply by Carter O'Brien

How far you've ridden in 2019

14.39 after the Unofficial CCC New Year's Day "Weather Be Damned" Ride. extrapolation for 2019: 5252.4.  :-)

Started by bobweiser

126 Sep 15
Reply by bobweiser

CDOT begins work on protected bike lanes along a ‘high crash’ corridor in Logan Square

The work began Monday and includes two new crosswalks along Milwaukee Avenue. By Stefano Esposito Updated Sep 14, 2020, 1:58pm CDT Work go…

Started by Bob Kastigar

0 Sep 15

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service