The Chainlink

Bikes and Bicycling (12,221)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

March 1, 2021: End of days or beginning of Xanadu ?

With today being perhaps the last sub-freezing day of winter, does today also portend unimaginable animosity between drivers and other road…

Started by Dirke

1 Mar 1
Reply by David Barish

The City Where Cars Are Not Welcome

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/28/business/heidelberg-cars-environment.html HEIDELBERG, Germany — Eckart Würzner, a mayor on a mission to…

Started by Bob Kastigar

0 Feb 28

The Navy Pier Flyover

An article about the proposed flyover near Navy Pier- sounds like a great idea and maybe there will be cash to make it a reality:   http://…

Started by Melanie K

8 Feb 25
Reply by Carter O'Brien

Vertical zippered bags for packing protein powder?

For long rides, I like to pack my own protein powder, which I'll add to an orange juice from a gas station. I've tried the little Ziploc ba…

Started by David

5 Feb 8
Reply by Julia David

How far you've ridden in 2020

Not far, just around the block.  Slippery where it wasn't shoveled well. I just wanted to be first to start this discussion.

Started by Bob Kastigar

163 Feb 7
Reply by bobweiser

Route from north side to Oakbrook?

Hey everyone, Any experience with a commute to Oak Brook from North Side Recommended routes?

Started by PK RPR

3 Feb 6
Reply by Rob Kowalczyk

Stainless steel chains

Recently, I bought one of those go-no-go bicycle chain wear checkers.  I tried it on two of my bikes that have obvious worn chains, they fa…

Started by Elwood Gruschow

3 Jan 26
Reply by Mike Schwab

drawbridge coming to flyover

Started by bobweiser

0 Jan 17

Waxing your bike

Hi I was reading a book about biking that recommended waxing the frame, spokes, and chain in winter to help keep out salt and reduce rust…

Started by Brian S

2 Jan 16
Reply by Skip Montanaro 14.5mi

ratcheting shoe buckle compatibility?

Hello.  I've got a pair of Bontrager shoes (circa 2013) that are in great shape except the ratcheting buckle broke on one of the shoes.  I'…

Started by David S. Kato

0 Jan 8

RSS

Groups

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service