The Chainlink

Bikes and Bicycling (12,329)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Stolen Kona Major One

My good buddy Joe just got his bike stolen today. It's a brown 2009 Kona Major One with silver SKS fenders. This was taken from outside th…

Started by Bailey Gene Newbrey

32 Apr 10, 2010
Reply by h' Zerocats

I need people's opinions; buy a touring bike or modify my road bike for touring?

Okay, so I want to do some serious unsupported touring in the coming months and years.I currently own a Surly Pacer road bike with high ten…

Started by Brett Ratner

26 Apr 10, 2010
Reply by BirdonBike

Simulated Human Flight

For the third time in my life, I got doored on Friday. It’s not something you get used to, and I’m sorry to report it’s still terrifying. I…

Started by Kevin C Dormant

24 Apr 10, 2010
Reply by Kevin C Dormant

Stolen Lemond Reno

My friend/co-worker had his bike swiped yesterday (4.8.10) Cut through his U-lock right in front of our building.http://chicago.stolenbike.…

Started by Bryan D

0 Apr 9, 2010

Advice needed on finding cheap wheelset

A buddy of mind asked me to build him a fixed gear bike.  Great, I love doing it.  Problem is he gave me a pretty tough budget to work with…

Started by Brendan Kevenides

8 Apr 9, 2010
Reply by Brendan Kevenides

CDOT looking for Bicycle Program intern

Wanted to pass this on to our Chainlink friends: Chicago's Department of Transportation is looking for an intern to work in the Bicycle Pr…

Started by Active Transportation Alliance

0 Apr 8, 2010

Chainlink Freecycle?

Sadly I don't have wheels that fit what's needed in this thread, but it occurs to me that people could really save a lot of money and hassl…

Started by Dr. Doom

5 Apr 8, 2010
Reply by Moc Artsy

looking for a bike for a visitor from san fran to use this weekend

Im having a visitor from san fran come into town this weekend to look at a school sadly he needs a bike 57-59 cm and all my extras are what…

Started by Amanda Olbrys

3 Apr 8, 2010
Reply by dan brown

Complaint About My Bike At Work.

All winter long I rode my bike to work and parked my bike outside my cubicle.  Nobody complained.  7 days ago the sales department relocate…

Started by dav

28 Apr 8, 2010
Reply by Sean W.

Let this be a lesson as to where to lock your bike:

On Vashon Island (near Seattle), a tree has an unusual passenger. As the story goes, a boy went to war in 1914 and left his bike chained to…

Started by DanaW

9 Apr 7, 2010
Reply by Bryan Bowden

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service