Time: September 18, 2015 from 9am to 8pm
Location: South Chicago Velodrome
Street: 8615 S. Burley Ave.
Website or Map: http://chicagovelodrome.com/
Phone: 1-872-588-7282 (Luv-SCVA)
Event Type: volunteer, work day, velodrome, south chicago velodrome association, scva
Organized By: Marcus Moore
Latest Activity: Sep 17, 2015
We'll be doing a variety of work including:
- Cleaning the track surface (easy)
- Weeding the infield (easy)
- Painting (easy to moderate/artistic)
- Carrying supplies (easy, fitness helps)
- Assembling "the ramp" (moderate; strong and fit helps)
- Carpentry (moderate to advanced ability needed)
- Cooking at the grill (can be controversial)
Come as you are.
Saturday's big Team Challenge workday here: facebook.com/events/950655748313271/
* Carl Wilkins in charge of work Friday
* Latest updates here: chicagovelodrome.com/?p=339
* Reach us at email@example.com or 1-872-588-7282 (Luv-SCVA)
If you want to help but can't come by, please consider giving on-line at gofundme.com/SoChgoVelodrome
We're working to pay the track's balance and keep this facility in Chicago; we've paid about 1/3 of the balance but are behind schedule. We can't do this without various contributions from across our communities.
* We have a grill on site, feel free to bring your choice for it.