Unwind after work on your bike.
Please contact the ride leader if the weather seems iffy. (Rain) Don't assume that the ride will go. It's better to call to be sure.
Bike check is at 5:45 pm. Departure time is at 6:00 pm.
Starts at the La Rabida parking lot & rides on the lake front path for 10-20 miles.
This is a no drop ride. The pace is typically 12-15 mph, depending on who shows up.
Co-ride leaders - Robert Nathan (773) email@example.com & Caliph Jackson (773) firstname.lastname@example.org
Remember our ride guidelines. http://majortaylorchicago.com/ride-rules/
HELMETS ARE REQUIRED ON ALL MAJOR TAYLOR CHICAGO RIDES!
WHAT TO BRING TO AN MTC3 RIDE:
Part of being a good cyclist is having the tools and accessories necessary to be self-sufficient, safe, and ready to ride. Below is a general list of items to bring and a to-do list to be ready for an MTC3 ride.
- Gear Bag: buy a gear bag (saddle bag is recommended) and stock it with the basics – extra tube,tire tools, a small multi-tool, and either a mini-pump or a CO2 cartridge set.
- Tire Pressure: pump your tires up before coming to the ride, or bring a floor pump that you can use in the parking lot before the ride. If you need help, MTC3 ride leaders will be there to help you learn.
- Your bike: Give it a quick inspection. Spin the wheels to make sure they aren’t rubbing. Do the gears shift accurately and easily? Does everything seem to be in order? This is called an ABC check. (Air, Brakes, and Chain)
- Hydration/Food: Remember to bring water/sports drink and maybe an energy snack (bar, gel, banana, etc).
- Optional items: The following will make your ride more enjoyable, but aren’t absolutely necessary. Cycling gloves, sunglasses, cycling shoes and clipless pedals, padded cycling shorts.
- Be on Time: MTC3 rides leave promptly at the advertised time. Get to the start of the ride with plenty of time to get yourself and your bike ready to roll with soul!