The Chainlink

I've probably told lots of you, but I'm preparing for a long distance trip this year.  While I'll be giving up my Chicago residence in May, I'm going to be in and out of the city throughout the summer.  In August I'm going to begin the continuous portion of my balloon biking voyage and I'd love to have all of tent-pitcher friends come and see me out of the city.

The plan would be to bike out to the Indiana Dunes on Saturday, August 6.  I'm going to be continuing East, but everyone else could just stick around the dunes or head back to Chicago.  I'll be riding to Toledo and then picking up the Northern Tier Route and riding to Maine.

Oh, and I'll be blogging about my trip and taking pictures of balloons in famous locations.  You can follow along at www.balloonbiker.com

Also, If anyone is interested in doing some rides in April, I likely would be game!

-Jami

Views: 74

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Jami, I am looking forward to sending you off!

I wont have time for any tour rides until after April 8th, but I will be up for some long training rides and quick overnights as the weather gets warmer!

Aww, why do the good ones always leave?

I was at the Dunes today.  Absolutely beautiful. Interesting how much cleaner it is now than when I was a kid. I wonder why?

This would be awesome!

I just checked for reservations and saw that there were only a few sites available at the park for this weekend. I went ahead and reserved a site.  I'm excited!
Bumping this up in case for those who would like to join me for august 6.
I would love to join you. It's very difficult to get the group here to do more than one trip a year and I couldn't attend the first one. I'll put this one on my calendar.
Cam and I are planning on joining you, let me know if we need to reserve a campsite too and the info.
I'm not really sure if there are many sites open at the dunes. I reserved mine back in April, but I suppose that there could be some cancellations.

I've got a few friends interested in going to Indiana Dunes, but not that weekend. Thinking just an overnight leaving Saturday 7/30, in the early AM to the Dunewood (first come, first served) campground. 

Does anyone know where detailed directions are? No one I'll be with has done it before, nor have I...

But, hey. If all goes well with this next weekend... and if you still have a spot... maybe me?

Bikes are not allowed on Metra that weekend. So let me know your route and I'll meet you somewhere along it as I'm coming from the Southwest suburbs?

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service