The Chainlink

I haven't seen any chatter about the June ride.  Has anyone been contemplating a route?

Views: 80

Replies to This Discussion

I am going to be meeting with Jackson Potter (love that name) to plan an education ride as per his forward to the Critical Mass list (in short the ride would center around a postcard campaign and protest of the city's intent to raise Chicago classroom size to 35).

We'll be meeting at my place, twentysixeleven W. twentyfourth Place, at 9 PM Tuesday 6/22.

Please phone if you plan to attend.

7seven3 seven1zeroFORwon4three

(My general concept is sort of a flower-shaped route which flirts with the periphery of the loop and ends at the board of ed with the delivery of the post cards).

I'm going to be working on this regardless of other route proposals, so if it doesn't float your boat please please please feel free to plan a concurrent proposal-- let 2010 be the year that choice returned to CCM.
Productive night (one night late . . .)

Here's the proposed June 2010 route:

Front:
http://www.thechainlink.org/group/criticalmassdiscussion/forum/atta...

Back:
http://www.thechainlink.org/group/criticalmassdiscussion/forum/atta...

Any assistance copying and distributing appreciated!!
Attachments:
Dude. I love it. If you want I can make a one page flier for this. I don't want to step on any toes. This is fine. Just offering. Don't reply here if you want that, just email me directly at me@spencerthayer.com
I thought this route was supposed to end at the Hide Out . . . I have heard that there will be a bike and music festival upon arrival of the Mass.

FREEDOM!
That would be an awesome ending. Propose a new map! : )
According to Hideout's website, they do have something:

Bikes Bands Beer
featuring
Rabid Rabbit
Sadhu Sadhu
The Swan King
DJ Greg Sharilla
spins "bike-related" tunes between bands
join the Critical Mass ride...
your 6/25 CCM flyer gets you a discount
or just Ride out to The Hideout
"Bikes" is not limited to bicycles...
motorcycles, trikes, skateboards welcome!
Beer specials, patio open...
good times... great music
Critical Mass riders encouraged
Bikes of all varieties welcomed
Rabid Rabbit

I'm not sure if I'll go to the ride tomorrow and am definitely not up for making a map this month...hopefully someone is making something for the Hideout Folks!

Marty A. said:
I thought this route was supposed to end at the Hide Out . . . I have heard that there will be a bike and music festival upon arrival of the Mass.

FREEDOM!

Is this map accurate, http://bit.ly/aySAyE? - Looks like it's 14.3 miles.

Here are the turn by turns for Andrew...
  1. South on Clark
  2. L (E)- Jackson
  3. R (S)- Michigan (Columbia College)
  4. R (W)- Harrison
  5. L (S)- State (Jones College Prep)
  6. R (W)- Roosevelt
  7. L (S)- Canal
  8. L (E)- 24th St
  9. L (N)- Wentworth
  10. R (E)- Cermak (Nat. Teacher's Academy)
  11. R (S)- State
  12. R (W)- 26th St
  13. R (N)- Halsted
  14. L (W)- Cermak
  15. R (N)- Loomis
  16. L (W)- 21st St (Benito Juarez Academy)
  17. R (N)- Ashland
  18. R (E)- 18th St
  19. R (S)-Throop
  20. L (E)- 19th S
  21. L (N)- Racine
  22. R (E)- Taylor
  23. L (N)- Canal
  24. R (E)- Monroe
  25. R (S)- Clark
  26. L - Jackson
  27. R - Columbus
  28. L - McFetridge
  29. END @ 12th Street Beach!!!
Can we all go swimming too?
Okay, here are the maps. I'm sorry this took so long but work and what not kept me pretty busy today. If it's too late for y'all to use these that's cool. Unless someone else is planning on running of a bunch of two sided maps, I will make some copies for page one only. I can't make double sided copies at work.
Attachments:
Yes, more maps please!

Spencer "Thunderball" Thayer! said:
That would be an awesome ending. Propose a new map! : )
Spencer "Thunderball" Thayer! said:
Okay, here are the maps. I'm sorry this took so long but work and what not kept me pretty busy today. If it's too late for y'all to use these that's cool. Unless someone else is planning on running of a bunch of two sided maps, I will make some copies for page one only. I can't make double sided copies at work.

Holy cow, this is awesome!
I haven't done any printing yet, not harm in two versions!
Just curious where you heard that-- we would have been more than happy to build the schools route around a Hideout ending had we known.
As it stands the schools route could head north to Hideout instead of east to 12thStreet beach, and might possibly still get there a little too early.

Marty A. said:

FREEDOM!

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service