The Chainlink

Since Cyclocross season is upon us I thought it was only befitting to have a group for it! Any and all advice is welcomed here. Please share your CC stories and tips with us! To start us off here's a great article on tips and gear: http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/racing/article/cyclo-cross-tips-gear-a...

Views: 10

Replies to This Discussion

Did my very first CX race on Sunday in Carpentersville, so I'm not one to give a lot of advice. I was under the weather AND out of shape, but I still had a great time, and the locals were kind enough to be hosting Oktoberfest in a tent next to the course. We also stopped in Long Grove on the way home for hot cider and apple donuts. Giddy up! I'd practiced quite a bit on my cross bike, but one thing I'm glad a teammate pointed out before the race was tire pressure. I ran 45 PSI for the event and still got bounced around quite a bit. For bumpy courses like this past Sunday's, go with the lowest pressure you can steer with.

Guys, for remounts, practice swinging your leg over the bike and landing on the inside of your thigh, then sliding on to the saddle. Don't just jump on the saddle. You'll eventually miss,. and regret it.

As far as gear... Loving my Trek XO2. You know the kind of person that would build up an all white bike to race in the mud? I'm THAT guy.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service