The Chainlink

Edit 12/17: The date for the Film Fest is now Jan 8 2012.

Listing here:

http://bikewinter.org/node/187

===

Time to start the planning-- who's interested in working on this?  Would be happy to hand it off or at least step back a bit and focus on other projects.

It looks like Jan 1 is on a Sunday . . . I think that means most people are off work on Monday but I'm not sure.

Tentatively I'm going to say that this is going to be on Sunday January 1 from 2 to 9-- does that make sense?

Also, help appreciated rounding up submissions from local students and filmmakers, and deciding on the slate of films.  Remember inquiries about kid-friendly content from last year-- maybe we could do kid-friendly for the first half and get into the more "mature audience" stuff later in the day.

Clarifying questions please!

-h

Edit Dec 6-- if anyone cares the date/venue are now confirmed for Sunday Jan 8.

Views: 233

Replies to This Discussion

This might seem like a dumb question, but is the idea to have all the films be bike related?
Yup, they should all be bike related, although films that deal with alternative (i.e. post-automotive) transportation on a broader scale (e.g. The End of Suburbia) may be considered.
I admittedly haven't seen many bike related movies, but have put a good number of films from a wide array of genres under my belt throughout the years.  I'll see if I can get a small list going.

I'd love to see PeeWee's Big Adventure on the big screen again...

Jane

Thanks, Jane!

The Film Fest team met today and mostly nailed down the schedule.

Would still appreciate suggestions for kid friendly shorts of cartoons, and as of yet there are no submissions from local videographers.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service