The Chainlink

I broke a spoke on my rear wheel and need to replace it.  Does anyone have a spare?  My wheel is 700cc.  I work in Roscoe Village and would love to pick it up tonight.   I would be willing to trade some fresh garden veg. (kale, cucumber, tomatoes, oregano, thyme, rosemary or even some hot peppers: jalepeno/serano if you are willing to wait a couple weeks for the next batch to grow) I could also mend something for you.  I am handy with a needle.  Thanks!!!!

Views: 41

Replies to This Discussion

The length of your spoke will vary depending on the size of your hub, the ERD (effective Rim Diameter) of your brand/type of 700c rim, and whether the spoke was from the drive-side or non-drive-side of the rear wheel.  You  really do not want the spoke to be more than a couple of mm's off from the optimal length so what you need to do is measure the spoke you have (both pieces if you have them, or another spoke on that side of the wheel) from the inside of the bend at the head to the end of the spoke on the threaded end.)

I love the idea of a trade for garden truck, but your best bet is probably dropping by your LBS (Roscoe Village Bikes on Roscoe) with your broken spoke and getting an exact replacement.  It should not be more than a buck or two for a single spoke.

Thanks James. I will get an exact measurement of spoke as soon as I leave work.  Last time I broke spokes I brought my bike to Roscoe Village Bikes.  They are awesome!  I was hoping to fix it myself this time. I think they are closed now so it will have to wait for tomorrow. Thanks for explaining spoke replacement to me.

I maybe might have a spoke that fits your needs in my big box o' spokey goodness.  I never throw anything away so a few of them are used from wheels I salvaged and tore down for rims/hubs. 

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service