I am a talented seamstress as well as a writer, editor, and proofreader but I don't have very many mechanical skills.  I would love to give my bike some TLC and get it ready for spring.

I could do some mending, or sew you something handy for biking.  I make excellent leg warmers and neck warmers from old wool sweaters.  I also do alterations, hemming and many other projects from sock monkeys to handkerchiefs. I'd be happy to show you pictures and to work with you to make a plan for something you have in mind.

I am professional writer and editor so another service I could provide would be writing any kind of copy you might need or editing copy you have already written.  I do press releases, Web copy, essays, interviews, articles, short stories--anything involving words :-)  Check out my clips and resume on my website: www.aprilgalarza.com

What I would like in return:

A full and comprehensive tune up.  I would like you to check all the parts of my bike to make sure they are running properly and make any necessary adjustments. I have been riding all winter and I want to make sure I haven't caused any damage. If you think I need to replace anything, just let me know. I will buy it but I would like you to install it.

I would like something similar to the Basic Tune Up offered by Rapid Transit:

• Full adjustment of braking system, including pads, levers, cable & housing replacement & lubrication.
  • Full adjustment of shifting system, including derailleurs, levers, cable & housing replacement & lubrication.
  • External adjustment of both hubs.
  • Spot-truing of both wheels as needed to ensure good braking.
  • External adjustment of headset.
  • External adjustment of bottom bracket.
  • Full check of parts and accessories to ensure safety.
  • Chain lubrication.

My bike is in good condition, only two years old with less than 2,000 miles on it, so it shouldn't be too much work. 

Thanks so much!!! 

-April

Views: 33

Replies to This Discussion

Can you darn hand-knitted socks that a cat ate a 1/2" hole in the bottom of because I stepped in something apparently very yummy?

I wish I could!  Unfortunately I don't know how darn or knit yet.  Those skills are on my to-learn list. 

Oh, darn...

I have a pair of Oakley leather gloves that need the palms resewn... I work in a machine shop in the Fulton market district.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service