1) You put on your jeans and they already have the right leg rolled up.

2) You do laundry when you don't have any more clean bike shorts.

Views: 12179

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

uh, do you mean that you are coming on my left, or that I should move onto my left? Confusing jargon. Why not ring a bicycle bell instead?

EssFresh said:

I call "on your left" on my runs. Most people don't know left from right, it's shocking.

Having one mounted to my wrist today.

Allen Wrench said:

uh, do you mean that you are coming on my left, or that I should move onto my left? Confusing jargon. Why not ring a bicycle bell instead?

EssFresh said:

I call "on your left" on my runs. Most people don't know left from right, it's shocking.

Ha - yes - more transit related ones: when you buy only one-way Metra tickets or justify a cab ride by noting how much you've saved from bike-commuting several days in a row.

Jennifer on the lake said:

When you've lived here a decade but suddenly cry "The CTA monthly pass is HOW MUCH?!?!"

You warn the coworker who often goes in your desk drawer for plastic spoons that there's a CLEAN, NEW pair of underwear in the bottom drawer because one day you might forget to pack some in your bike bag. That'll learn em ;)

You put your phone in your mouth temporarily so both hands can be on your handlebars as you approach heavy traffic.
You ride a bike...

When a female friend says they got "Covered in bike lube", while making a repair, and you find that sexy. 

when you buy a top/cardigan/blazer and think if you can ride with your arms outwards without hurting..

...When you buy a mini fan for sitting at work after riding in to cool off and de-sweat.

...When you justify having 3 different sets of tires for one bike because it is a winter commuter and you never know the conditions you might face.

...When you justify having more bikes than people can ride in your household.

...When you live by rule #5 and #90.

When someone compliments you on your calf tattoo and it's only an imprint from your greasy chain ring.

When you think nothing of comparing chain ring cuts/scars with a co-worker

You know you're a cyclist when...

Your 5 month old daughter totally recognizes you when wearing your cycling team's kit and your helmet.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service