The Chainlink

So 2014 was the year I decided to bike all year and I did--through the dreaded polar vortex and everything.    However, I now find myself kind of melancholy at the start of the new year.  Where is the snow?  Where is the ice?  Where is the cold? And the wind?  I miss you.  Please come back. We had so much fun together in what might have been a once-a-generation Chicago winter. 

Surely there must be something wrong with me.  Is this a plea for help?  I don't know.

Views: 594

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wasn't Alaska warmer then the Midwest last year? 

You could move to Detroit, I hear the cycling culture is taking off and you can confuse people by telling them you look South and see Canada.

Matt M. 18.5KM said:

Nah.  It just means you can live anywhere further north without giving it a thought.  Tour Montreal in the snow, in fact go anywhere you can be a winter tourist.  Have you ever been to Vancouver?  How about Denver?  Have you ever been to Buffalo or Toronto?  

If only it were so easy.  I've tried all manner of wipes, rubs, fans, and other goggle related homeopathy, but fogging remains a persistent problem if I'm going to be out there for more than 30 minutes.  At the moment, the problem is not so much fogging on my glasses, but slow ice formation on the inside lens of the goggles themselves--rendering them completely useless after about 45 minutes. The goggles have little fans to push out moisture, but it's not enough.

I'm not ready to throw in the towel on goggles yet, but it's the one remaining issue that I have not quite figured out with winter riding.  

Yasmeen said:

REI sells no-fog wipes for goggles. They work really well.

David Beazley said:

Headed outside at 4:32am this morning to do a 12mi ride of ice, snow, and frigid cold.   Wow was that great!  Now, if I could just figure out my ski goggle fogging problem.   Grrrr.....

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service