The Chainlink

A buddy of mine was cruising down Milwaukee 2 days ago, when a guy with these characteristics...

Dark complexion with dreads
Red messenger bag with some kind of black design on the back
White Leader track frame with pink and green lettering
Pink and blue deep v's
I think he had pink bar tape.

spit on my friend when he went around him, then proceeded to to do a red light breakaway. Does anyone know this guy?

Views: 395

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

For the record the Spitter does NOT hangout at Smart Bike Parts. No one at the shop is his friend nor associates with him outside of a customer-LBS relation.

I just happened to recognize him based on the description in the first post.

Once again, he does not hangout at Smart Bike Parts nor is he friends with any of us.

Don't drag Smart Bike Parts name through the mud.
I need to train myself to spit right. There are certain things that seem to have a handedness or side preference, and spitting while cycling is one of them for me! (Naturally, I always look to verify that I'm not going to expectorate on a passing cyclist--or car, for that matter.)

Michael Brosilow said:
I'm a runner and a cyclist. There is a saying runners use: "Pass left spit right" I think it fits with cycling also.

jen said:
what is this new sudden craze about passing on the right? Ive been riding in the city for 10 years and it seems like it just started this summer. passing on the right is obnoxious! well unless this is horse racing

tmacz said:
it was 10pm on Monday...

not sure if he was a messenger...maybe i will edit that...but with the skills of running through reds it was my assumption...sorry

from my friend...
"He was on my wheel for a bit going down Milwaukee (10pm), and then decided to pass me on the right, and I asked to give me a warning next time. He gets about 5 feet in front and turns around then spits, not down but up and towards me. He then takes off, running all the red lights, hence the reason I didn't chase him down, and frankly I was just to tired."
No no mud for them, they were very helpful on the phone. Thank you.

h3 said:
Dunno if I missed a post, but I didn't see anything in this thread that would cast Smart Bikes in a negative light.

Casey Cherry said:
For the record the Spitter does NOT hangout at Smart Bike Parts. No one at the shop is his friend nor associates with him outside of a customer-LBS relation.

I just happened to recognize him based on the description in the first post.

Once again, he does not hangout at Smart Bike Parts nor is he friends with any of us.

Don't drag Smart Bike Parts name through the mud.
Think we know who you are referring to. Could the person who was the victim of this incident please contact me and if you have filed a police report that would be most helpful in allowing us to release name and phone. Alleged perpetrator - please contact us. We would like to hear your side of this story so that we could weigh that evidence against these either allegations or charges to determine our relationship moving forward. Smart Bike Parts strives to be the coolest little bike shop in the most important cycling zip code to the best big cycling city in North America. We'll get there by being a part of cool community of cyclists. Not spitters. Ride on.
tmacz said:

Does "dark complexion" mean brown tinted clothing? 'Cause it sounds like a random crusty...
caucasian and dark complexion, like a Greek with a tan.

JRod said:
tmacz said:

Does "dark complexion" mean brown tinted clothing? 'Cause it sounds like a random crusty...
This is starting to sound like a witch hunt. There seems to be a mob forming and I am by no means saying that it is acceptable to spit on people, but seriously who is this guy? No one seems to know. Now what is gonna happen when someone sees a dude with dreads and a dark complexion riding a fixed gear? Will this person, whether they are the culprit or not, be subjected to verbal or maybe even physical harassment or even assault? If the real suspect is the type of person to spit on a fellow cyclist it stands to reason that he is a sociopath and capable of physical assault himself. This situation has potential to go down an unethical and dangerous road if not handled properly. I caution all of those involved to tread lightly in the handling of this situation.
Seriously? What is your problem with me?

h3 said:
Give others a little credit, Matt.

mattbikes1 said:
This is starting to sound like a witch hunt. There seems to be a mob forming and I am by no means saying that it is acceptable to spit on people, but seriously who is this guy? No one seems to know. Now what is gonna happen when someone sees a dude with dreads and a dark complexion riding a fixed gear? Will this person, whether they are the culprit or not, be subjected to verbal or maybe even physical harassment or even assault? If the real suspect is the type of person to spit on a fellow cyclist it stands to reason that he is a sociopath and capable of physical assault himself. This situation has potential to go down an unethical and dangerous road if not handled properly. I caution all of those involved to tread lightly in the handling of this situation.
Dredging up the old as I just happened across this somehow, I used to see this guy zipping around on this ugly-assed hipster bike. I had no idea that he was spitting on people. Did he ever get his just rewards?
If I remember correctly my friend was able to identify where the guy worked and where he frequented, and was appreciative of the help, but I do not know what if there was any just rewards.

Craig S. said:
Dredging up the old as I just happened across this somehow, I used to see this guy zipping around on this ugly-assed hipster bike. I had no idea that he was spitting on people. Did he ever get his just rewards?

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service