The Chainlink

A buddy of mine was cruising down Milwaukee 2 days ago, when a guy with these characteristics...

Dark complexion with dreads
Red messenger bag with some kind of black design on the back
White Leader track frame with pink and green lettering
Pink and blue deep v's
I think he had pink bar tape.

spit on my friend when he went around him, then proceeded to to do a red light breakaway. Does anyone know this guy?

Views: 395

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I do have a source for lots of eggs.
Again, affirmation that I need to start carrying a Super Soaker filled with my own Urine and maybe a little love juice. I see your spit good sir and raise you some of my own DNA :)
I was passed the other night by a cyclist (nubie for sure) on the right who was sprinting for a good mile . When I, at the pace I keep, eventually got in a position where I needed to pass said cyclist. As I passed I slowed enough to say, "You know passing on the right is kind of a faux pas." She didn't seem to understand and replied, "What's wrong?" To which I said, "When you pass on the right it is dangerous because you don't have much room and you get pinched by parked cars which is dangerous for the both of us." She proceeded to cross lanes and take a left onto the wrong way on the oncoming traffic of another street going perpendicular. This happened on Lincoln and she eventually turned onto Fullerton. I don't know if it is just rookies without a clue or wanton disregard for social convention. I was not rude, just tried to let her in on etiquette and safety.

jen said:
what is this new sudden craze about passing on the right? Ive been riding in the city for 10 years and it seems like it just started this summer. passing on the right is obnoxious! well unless this is horse racing

tmacz said:
it was 10pm on Monday...

not sure if he was a messenger...maybe i will edit that...but with the skills of running through reds it was my assumption...sorry

from my friend...
"He was on my wheel for a bit going down Milwaukee (10pm), and then decided to pass me on the right, and I asked to give me a warning next time. He gets about 5 feet in front and turns around then spits, not down but up and towards me. He then takes off, running all the red lights, hence the reason I didn't chase him down, and frankly I was just to tired."
picture please ....
like the off-duty police officer on his bike...who beat up the bus driver who cut him off.

Jason said:
Now this guy seems crazy...he's going to spit on the wrong person and get seriously fucked up.
I almost blew coffee out of my nose, Ryan. Hysterical.

By the way folks, as an attorney I feel compelled to recommend not stating publicly what you'd like to do to this guy. Just saying.

Ryan L said:
Again, affirmation that I need to start carrying a Super Soaker filled with my own Urine and maybe a little love juice. I see your spit good sir and raise you some of my own DNA :)
Note to self: Do not piss Ryan off. Nasty business right there.

Ryan L said:
I once accidentally spit on a very attractive lady biker.
A guy passed me on my right Tues night on Clark. I let it go cause he didn't have a helmet and was wearing headphones...so I figured he wouldn't hear me. In hindsight I should have probably gently suggested next time he should pass me on my left so we don't get into an accident.

Something to note- I didn't know until about a year ago that cyclist should also pass on the left and Howard Kaplan gently taught me the rule. So next time someone does pass you on the right you may want to assume they just don't know the rules of the road and nicely fill them in (may be no need to yell at them).

mattbikes1 said:
I was passed the other night by a cyclist (nubie for sure) on the right who was sprinting for a good mile . When I, at the pace I keep, eventually got in a position where I needed to pass said cyclist. As I passed I slowed enough to say, "You know passing on the right is kind of a faux pas." She didn't seem to understand and replied, "What's wrong?" To which I said, "When you pass on the right it is dangerous because you don't have much room and you get pinched by parked cars which is dangerous for the both of us." She proceeded to cross lanes and take a left onto the wrong way on the oncoming traffic of another street going perpendicular. This happened on Lincoln and she eventually turned onto Fullerton. I don't know if it is just rookies without a clue or wanton disregard for social convention. I was not rude, just tried to let her in on etiquette and safety.

jen said:
/body>
I called velocity, they told me they do not have a guy working who fits the description although they could be not telling the truth. I just want everyone to know, I am gonna be the guy following up and will identify this person and if I am lucky get him arrested for these actions. It would be nice to have a second person who can help me follow up with this and watch my back. Monday is a good day to start the search. If anyone see's him, has more information or wants to participate in the search with me. If I have to personally stake every messenger service downtown I will do it. I can also be reached @ 773-343-4500. It would be good to actually do something about this.
11:35pm Fri -

Smart Bikes called me and the owner was very helpful. He told me this guy was in the shop yesterday THURS at 5pm. They also said he has been in there before. They did not know his name, but I am confident I will get it soon enough. I am also sending out this posting to other bike and messenger shops around the city. Luck may have it he does work for as a bike messenger. My guess is soon enough people will be spitting on him and he will not be welcome much anywhere. I also ask anyone who has actually seen the guy before look on http://www.glitterguts.com and if we are lucky he will show up there. I am happy to take any and all the heat for this cause this just pisses me off but I still would like others to participate in the search for this person.
Thanks for all the help...i have been updating my friend...much appreciated.

cutifly said:
11:35pm Fri -

Smart Bikes called me and the owner was very helpful. He told me this guy was in the shop yesterday THURS at 5pm. They also said he has been in there before. They did not know his name, but I am confident I will get it soon enough. I am also sending out this posting to other bike and messenger shops around the city. Luck may have it he does work for as a bike messenger. My guess is soon enough people will be spitting on him and he will not be welcome much anywhere. I also ask anyone who has actually seen the guy before look on http://www.glitterguts.com and if we are lucky he will show up there. I am happy to take any and all the heat for this cause this just pisses me off but I still would like others to participate in the search for this person.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service