The Chainlink

Who did you run into that you know today on your ride? Today was unlike any other day, especially in nice weather.

Aaron at Belmont and Clark and then my brother's ex girlfriend/yoga instructor at Schubert and Clark.

Views: 8854

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I work directly across the street. (550 W. Washington). yes..that could've been me. I use that

corner (washington and clinton) as a turning intersection based on redlights.

Duppie said:

Dan, Do you work at the ABN-AMRO/Lasalle building near Ogilvie Station? If so, I think I saw you yesterday morning. If not, there is an imposter riding around town...

dan brown said:
I saw bailey at rapid transit yesterday...and he said he saw me riding past the laundrymat at north and rockwell the day before : I told him come on over and use my (Free) washer and dryer - martin hazard would approve !
I ran into absolutely no cyclists on my way to work today going southbound on Lincoln and taking Wells south to Chicago around 7:15 - 8:00 a.m.   I know it is raining and nasty out, but it was still odd not to see a single person on Lincoln or on Wells during my morning commute.
I like to take the path instead of cutting through the neighborhood when it's raining...that did backfire this morning when the Chicago underpass was flooded though.  I only saw one other person riding.
I also did the Lincoln commute today. I don't know if I saw anyone either.

Melanie said:
I ran into absolutely no cyclists on my way to work today going southbound on Lincoln and taking Wells south to Chicago around 7:15 - 8:00 a.m.   I know it is raining and nasty out, but it was still odd not to see a single person on Lincoln or on Wells during my morning commute.
I almost ran into a late model "Erzinger" Mercedes turning right from the left lane into the Merchandise Mart parking garage eastbound on Kinzie. I think the driver might have been distracted by his important phone call and almost missed his important turn.

Yeah, I see more riders on a mid-January morning than I did this morning.

I counted a grand total of 2 riders on my commute from A'ville to Union Station.

Melanie said:

I saw a few peeps during this mornings ride. But while driving my truck east on Lawrence I saw AKA Paul goin west. Didn't honk cause that's never a good idea in traffic but made me smile. ;-)

And I was enjoying the tail wind coming from the East today.

Great to see you GTC!
katie can brighten anyday :-)
I love my mornings....
I saw Kevin Conway on Damen at Milwakee around 8:30 this evening.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service