The Chainlink

Who did you run into that you know today on your ride? Today was unlike any other day, especially in nice weather.

Aaron at Belmont and Clark and then my brother's ex girlfriend/yoga instructor at Schubert and Clark.

Views: 8856

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I had a John Edel sighting yesterday also, on wabansia and Kimball. He had the all too familiar head down, speedy look of someone on his way to pick up the kids from daycare after work. We gave the quick pass by howdy do holler.

I wonder if "John Edel sightings" is ready for its own thread?

:-)

I feel the same way.  I rarely see people who I know in humbolt.  Maybe we should have a humbolt park cyclist meetup/bbq in the park and get to know each other!

Mike Zumwalt said:
I used to see or literally (almost) run into people I work with in Edgewater but since I moved to Humboldt and winter Balaclavas I don't see anybody. :-(
I'm down if you include those of us in Logan Square as well.

Liz said:
I feel the same way.  I rarely see people who I know in humbolt.  Maybe we should have a humbolt park cyclist meetup/bbq in the park and get to know each other!

Mike Zumwalt said:
I used to see or literally (almost) run into people I work with in Edgewater but since I moved to Humboldt and winter Balaclavas I don't see anybody. :-(
I can't recognize anyone with all these layers and goggles!
There is the Humboldt Park "gang" rides but they tweet and I don't, but yeah Spring is just around the corner.

notoriousDUG said:
I'm down if you include those of us in Logan Square as well.

Liz said:

Mike Zumwalt said:
I ran into George Christensen  down in the loop two days ago [jackson and dearborn] ...being that we had never met prior to BFF - it was cool to run into a new acquaintance on bike... especially in a part of town where cyclists are a little scarce.
I yelled out at someone yesterday that turned out to be a someone i didnt know...damn you GOGGLES AND HOODS!

Barbra Mann said:
I can't recognize anyone with all these layers and goggles!
I had a george chtistensen sighting once. It was awesome!

Terry Bloom said:
I ran into George Christensen  down in the loop two days ago [jackson and dearborn] ...being that we had never met prior to BFF - it was cool to run into a new acquaintance on bike... especially in a part of town where cyclists are a little scarce.
I played pool with Shawn Cobbs last night at golden cue (kedzie and montrose); then we had some awesome beers down the street (can you say 'robert the bruce' on a *hand pull* - DAMN)
I saw Lee Diamond snapping pictures at Elston and California as I rode by, in a car...
I saw Duppie last week.  And Elle, I'm not sure if she's a chainlinker, but she's a kick butt cyclocross racer!

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service