The Chainlink

Who did you run into that you know today on your ride? Today was unlike any other day, especially in nice weather.

Aaron at Belmont and Clark and then my brother's ex girlfriend/yoga instructor at Schubert and Clark.

Views: 8854

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have met several CLers on Lee Diamond's tours and at things like the Bike Swap or other big events where there is a Chainlink table. (Met Michael A on one of Lee's tours.)  And for people like me who turn into a pumpkin at about 9:00 p.m., those are good places.

On my way to a bar to watch the Bears' game (such as it was), I saw the increasingly rare sight of Kathy Schubert southbound on Southport. Glad to see her wheeling around again.

+1

Kevin C said:

On my way to a bar to watch the Bears' game (such as it was), I saw the increasingly rare sight of Kathy Schubert southbound on Southport. Glad to see her wheeling around again.

I see Jeff Schneider at least twice a month.  David Gebhart sighting last week too. 

see, I'm not kidding!  Jeff that was fun!

Jeff Schneider said:

Passing a group of cyclists on Clark this morning, I heard our own Julie yell hi to me.  I had stumbled into Alderman Pawar's 47th ward ride.  Happy accident...

Great ride today!

Holy Cow! Is it Domenica Cresap-o'clock already?

Domenica Cresap said:

Great ride today!

Shut up and go ride your bike, all you internet people!

Kevin C said:

Holy Cow! Is it Domenica Cresap-o'clock already?

Domenica Cresap said:

Great ride today!

I met two young female deer on the Prairie Path just west of 25th yesterday and thought they were far away from good cover.

peter moormann said:

Face off with an 8 point buck on the DPR Trail this afternoon 4 ish .

I almost turned and hightailed it as he was blocking the trail.

His antlers were way above my head but he headed into the woods first.

I think I saw Julie Hochstadter on the newly re-opened Wells Street bridge waiting for the light at Wacker around 5:30pm tonight.

Me: On a Divvy with a helmet-mounted headlight
You (breaking a conversation with another cyclist as I rolled up behind you): Hey! Someone on a Divvy!

I saw Little Village Mario on the bus but he never looked up from his reading.

I was going to poke him with a foam pool toy but I thought better of it.

Seems like a waste of a perfectly good foam pool toy...

h' $550 said:

I saw Little Village Mario on the bus but he never looked up from his reading.

I was going to poke him with a foam pool toy but I thought better of it.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service