The Chainlink

Who did you run into that you know today on your ride? Today was unlike any other day, especially in nice weather.

Aaron at Belmont and Clark and then my brother's ex girlfriend/yoga instructor at Schubert and Clark.

Views: 8852

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Today I almost smooshed Gene Tenner and his pink flamingo as they rode by just as I stepped off the North Avenue pedestrian bridge!

I saw Ron Smith on a recumbent. He likes the bike but is unsure whether he's willing to make the full ZZ-Top beard commitment which is apparently required of all male (and some female) recumbent riders.

Ten minutes later I saw Steven Lane doing intervals on Milwaukee near Franklin, no doubt in preparation for this weekend's WNBR.

I also saw a WHOLE BUNCH of people I don't know. Who are all these people and where did they come from?

This week seems to have brought out a swarm of riders.  Its great to see so many on bikes, but 10 of them made my heart jump when they suddenly pulled out in front of traffic or nearly ran into me salmoning/turning in front of me as I rode up Milwaukee last night.  

I have not seen anyone I know riding in quite some time :(

Kevin C said:

I saw Ron Smith on a recumbent. He likes the bike but is unsure whether he's willing to make the full ZZ-Top beard commitment which is apparently required of all male (and some female) recumbent riders.

Ten minutes later I saw Steven Lane doing intervals on Milwaukee near Franklin, no doubt in preparation for this weekend's WNBR.

I also saw a WHOLE BUNCH of people I don't know. Who are all these people and where did they come from?

Just ran into Serge on the Wells B2WW pit stop!  

Charlie Short.... Rebecca Resman, Terry Bloom and I saw you Friday afternoon by the LP Conservatory. 

fun!!!!

Rich S said:

Just ran into Serge on the Wells B2WW pit stop!  

Liz, good to run into you and Cam saturday by Ribfest. 

Liz said:

This week seems to have brought out a swarm of riders.  Its great to see so many on bikes, but 10 of them made my heart jump when they suddenly pulled out in front of traffic or nearly ran into me salmoning/turning in front of me as I rode up Milwaukee last night.  

I have not seen anyone I know riding in quite some time :(

Kevin C said:

Saturday I think I saw LarryN on the Burnham path while going to 3 Floyds.

lucky.  

envane x said:

Saturday I think I saw LarryN on the Burnham path while going to 3 Floyds.

Good to see you too! I'm amazed you spotted me through all the crowds and chaos of that intersection. 

Julie Hochstadter said:

you were on bike :))

Liz said:

Good to see you too! I'm amazed you spotted me through all the crowds and chaos of that intersection. 

Julie Hochstadter said:

I saw & spoke with Julie Hochstadter, Chainlinker a/k/a Paul and met a cyclist named Rob (not my husband) that I swore looked like somebody else I know named Paul, all at the Wells/Clark/Lincoln Bike Commuter Pitstop. I also saw a lot of other cyclists that I couldn't possibly name, even if they did look familiar :)  

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service