The Chainlink

today i hated god, the mfg of my crappy gloves, all bus truck and deisel engine drivers, and this 360 f'n headwind!!!

Views: 130

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Shay said:

I work in Hyde Park and wow, spring can be damn cold in this neighborhood!  It's weird to commute from Logan Square to Hyde Park and notice the extreme temp changes some days.  Just this morning I was cursing that freezing wind blowing off the lake in HP, which was non-existent in Logan Square.

You'll feel a lot different come summer when the cool breeze coming off the lake is a great way to cool off on your ride.   It's almost as good as taking a quick dip in the lake.

Nice day. But it would be nice if, for once, the 30 mph north wind that was in my face all the way in would show up for my ride home and be a friendly tail-wind.

I today again hate that fracking head wind.

yep, 360deg headwind, a midwest phenomenon

aka midwest hill training...

I have similar feelings about the word hate.  Thinking it and/or verbalizing it only makes me feel bad.  Words do hurt.  Happy thoughts, happy thoughts.

James Baum said:

Other than Steve MF Jobs there really isn't anything I "hate."  I have strong feelings and opinions but hate is such a mind-trap.  Fear is the mind-killer and hate is an energy sink that taps your reserves.

I dislike it when I get to the point where little things start adding up and bringing me down.  I really start to get to the point where I begin "hating'" on things when life stops being fun.  I've been on some rides like that when I just wanted it to be OVER and every little thing was making me hate on it.  I totally can relate to your morning ride.

Is it noon yet?  9:30am is a little early for me to start cracking beers -even for a friday ;)

Amen!

Anything that doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Mark Kenseth said:

I have similar feelings about the word hate.  Thinking it and/or verbalizing it only makes me feel bad.  Words do hurt.  Happy thoughts, happy thoughts.

James Baum said:

Other than Steve MF Jobs there really isn't anything I "hate."  I have strong feelings and opinions but hate is such a mind-trap.  Fear is the mind-killer and hate is an energy sink that taps your reserves.

I dislike it when I get to the point where little things start adding up and bringing me down.  I really start to get to the point where I begin "hating'" on things when life stops being fun.  I've been on some rides like that when I just wanted it to be OVER and every little thing was making me hate on it.  I totally can relate to your morning ride.

Is it noon yet?  9:30am is a little early for me to start cracking beers -even for a friday ;)

i hate both of you

i kid i kid

i got the idea from watching a guy do this crazy 10,000ft climb in hawaii. his support crew would check in on him every thousand feet and ask him who he hates. it was comical, it was a way to help his suffering. i had a particularly rough ride that morning and resorted to hating to help my focus and drive.

on that note, please enjoy this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlmKcPPUEis

I hate all the haters, I have no tolerance for intolerance.  War is peace, property is theft, work makes you free, Oceania has always been at war with East Asia.

Ummm have you ridden in the loop much? on a windy day it comes from NSE and W sometimes in multiple directions.

Tank-Ridin' Ryan said:

How can a headwind be 360 degrees?  Isn't that mathematically impossible, and aren't 360-degree winds called tornadoes? :)

Mike, see the smiley that I end with? :-)

Mike Zumwalt said:
Ummm have you ridden in the loop much? on a windy day it comes from NSE and W sometimes in multiple directions.

Tank-Ridin' Ryan said:

How can a headwind be 360 degrees?  Isn't that mathematically impossible, and aren't 360-degree winds called tornadoes? :)

Agreed.

Oh, and I kinda hate that we broke Feb all-time snow record.  Would've been OK without that record to tout.

James Baum said:

I hate all the haters, I have no tolerance for intolerance.  War is peace, property is theft, work makes you free, Oceania has always been at war with East Asia.

the impatient driver who honked at the driver in front who was letting me pass by so they can take their left turn without cutting me off..

Always drives those folks through the roof to come up to their window and mock their honk loudly (one of the advantages of being a pedestrian sometimes.)

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service