I want to get a new road bike. This past season I road over 1300 miles. I am thinking of getting either a Cannondale synapse 6 or a specialized secteur sport compact. any suggestions on other bikes or thoughts about these two.

Views: 105

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

1) How much money do you have?  

2) Why are you interested in the two bikes you have mentioned? 

3) What feature or attribute of a bike would tear you away from the two choices you've already narrowed it down to?

1. The prices of these two bikes in the area I want to spend.

2. Those two bikes where what was suggested at the bike shop as options. Of course those where the brands they carried. I looked at trek but it seems you pay a little extra for the the name with the same equipment.

3. I just starting riding this past spring and I am very knowlegdeable about the newer changes to road bikes ( I did used to ride long time ago).   These two bikes the tires where 25 vrs 22 or 23. I like a little wider tire.  They both road very nice. Though compared to what I have been riding almost anything would be better.

The Cannondale has Tiagra shifters vs. Sora on the Splzd., so that's a small point in its favor, if only for better resale.  Also has a slightly shorter top tube (.5 cm in a 56), so you might try to see if one or the other is a better fit.  If the Secteur has the DT wheels, they might be better than the Cannondale's Formula hubs.  I see mixed reviews on the Formulas, some people get good reliability from them, but I've seen reports of freehub pawl failure (mostly from mountain bikers).   I don't know anything about the DT hubs, I'd guess a DT design made in Taiwan, but DTs general quality level would make me think that they will live longer than the Formulas.

I really like the 2 tone blue paint on the Cannondale.

If tire size is an issue, you might want to check clearance for something even wider, like a 28. 

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service