The Chainlink

What is/are your New Year's Resolutions involving biking?

Some of us make new year's resolutions while others of us should. Just curious who is aiming for something bike related this upcoming year. Triathlon in your future? Ride a certain amount of miles? Build a bike from scratch? Commute more on your bike?

Views: 1831

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm adding that to my list...

Michael A said:

I am going to try and make better bad decisions.

You just need some more Malort.

Michael A said:

It's what bad decisions and terrible nightmares are made of.

Craig S. said:

You just need some more Malort.

Michael A said:

I am setting the bar high... wait... or was I high when I set the bar? Either way I am at the bar! Fingers crossed? For me? No murder this year!... Oh... and maybe a Century! Wait... How many Critical Masses count as a Century?

So I don't buy too many bikes this year...each time I buy one, I give the same amount in cash to the wife.

So far I have a new mountain bike that cost me twice as much as it should have!

Obviously the wife's idea

Ed said:

So I don't buy too many bikes this year...each time I buy one, I give the same amount in cash to the wife.

I've made money on every bike I've ever sold -enough to pay for all my tools, supplies, and riding gear.

Now that equation is a little bit in the red due to the fact that I've got 4+ bikes (depends on how you count the parts ;) in my garage right now that I need to get fixed up to sell -not including my personal riders although they are still counted in the overall bike-buying equation. 

So giving money to the wife might work both ways.  She'd need to pay me double for every dollar I'm ahead if I pay her for every dollar I spend into the red.  Fair is fair and that cuts both ways ;)

actually, running out of room,  so my own idea,  but she is very happy with it!

Michael A said:

Obviously the wife's idea

Ed said:

Maybe a bit lame by Chainlink standards, but I rode 300 miles in 2011. I want to ride more than that in 2012. I think 400 this year.  

Do the Chicago to Milwaukee century to raise money and awareness for World Bicycle Relief. Particpate in more group rides and events. Learn maintenance and repair, so I can take better care of my bikes and do more stuff on my own.
I hear ya on taking better care of my bikes.

Debra J said:
Do the Chicago to Milwaukee century to raise money and awareness for World Bicycle Relief. Particpate in more group rides and events. Learn maintenance and repair, so I can take better care of my bikes and do more stuff on my own.

Russ....  Anytime you set the bar higher and achieve it, it is a goal met!!!!  NEVER LAME!!!!

Julie....  If saw my recent Facebook picture of my drivetrain next to my friend Lori's, I have the taking care of my bike part down!!!!

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service